Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which computer mouse takes the prize for you in terms of comfort, ease of use and price point? My wife just got a notebook and she's not happy with the smallish Logitech wireless optical mouse she got with it. I know this forum is full of people with answers so I thought some of you would like to chime in.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I really like my 5-button Dell BT travel mouse. It's compact, but not too small, the batteries last several months, all the buttons are assignable (the 4th and 5th buttons are great for web browsing). And with Bluetooth PCs, you don't have to worry about dongles - you just turn it on and that's it.

The mouse frequently goes on sale for less than $15 - hard to beat for that price.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Again with a logitech mx mouse.
http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/logitech-anywhere-mouse-mx/4505-3148_7-33767206.html

Fantastic battery life. It can run with just one AA inside of it. The USB is small enough to fit inside the mouse when your not using it. Can use any surface. The scroll wheel is bauce. either fast and hitch free scrolling or you can tap it and make it scroll a little at once. Programable buttons.

I can't go back to my old mouse.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I like my Microsoft Wireless BluTrack Mobile Mouse 6000. It's great for both left-handed and right-handed people, seems to track fairly well, and lasts 3 months on one AAA battery.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Logitech Trackman Wheel for me.

I've been using the Logitech Trackman Wheel for over 8 years. They haven't changed the design to this day! I use one for work, as well as at home, even the wife likes one on her machine too.

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/mice-pointers/trackballs/devices/166

It doesn't move around the table, it sits stationary, you just roll a ball around with your thumb. Mine sits one inch away from my keyboard.

I can't go back to a regular mouse anymore.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Logitech V550 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks

for our little netbook this mouse has been very good for us. ITs been a year or we are still on the same batteries.

The selling point for us was the tiny usb and the tiny dock for the top of the netbook:

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I am not picky, except I really need to have a an optical PC mouse with clickable scroll wheel. I am usually okay with the generic $20 USB mouse.

I don't like them particularily small though, and a hesitiant about odd shapes, or the el-cheapo ones at the discount stores.

My Dynex Bluetooth mouse is smaller than a regular mouse, so took some getting used to. For my Netbook, I need bluetooth because there are only two available USB ports.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Oh, and another thing is servicablility. Yes, they are $20, but being able to easily get and replace the button switches is a bonus for me, so I can get a few more years out of them, and keep them from the Landfill.

The Logitech wireless (and onld "S" PS/2 Ball mouse I have around) and Labtech mice have a somewhat easy to get three teminal microswitch. The Dynex and Microsoft mose use little square two terminal microswitches, which a tact switch does not replace. Becasue of that, my 2002 vintage Microsoft optical wheel mouse is unused

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow..thanks for all the comments. Lotsa great suggestions and info..

Hope to make a decision soon and will let you know the "winner"..

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i'm an oldschool guy

I love my microsoft intellimouse, jeje

the 4 buttons and the shape of it are just perfect for me

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Logitech G5 - a reasonably priced laser mouse...and the best I have ever used.

It actually comes with weights you can add untill you get the perfect feel.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I find most cordless mice too heavy and wish they would go to AAA batteries instead of AA. I also second the opinion on Logitech products. They have some nice mice but they tend to be too expensive.

I just picked up a 'Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000 Bluetrack Keyboard and Mouse Combo' due to good reviews and a sale. The mouse is a typical MS POS. It's too big and the scroll wheel doesn't work properly. The "Bluetrack" works well though. The keyboard is better than some I've seen but suffers from the typical MS over-design. There are too many useless keys and it's too large.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts