Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Family, YTV, HGTV and Food -- all going HD, while Space remains SD (and bad SD, to boot). I'll reboot my box(es) later as suggested.

Now, with Hannah Montana and all those other shows in HD, my 8300 is going to fill up a lot quicker. I *really* need an external drive now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Tried 588, same 'not authorized' message comes up. Not that we watch either YTV or Family channel, so it's no biggie, just the principle of the thing.
Called Rogers CSR. Had a reboot done and 'hit' to both boxes, YTVHD and FamHD now show up. For my 'troubles' they gave me 2 months free of Super Channel on a negative-option to cancel SC.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No most recent eps of wizards, Hannah etc were HD..older eps were SD

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The PVR now has YTV-HD and Family-HD and I did not have to re boot it; I haven't checked the box upstairs but if it's still not authorized I'll just reboot it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I wish Bell Aliant would add this. I was in the States last week, and was impressed at all the Playhouse Disney content on Disney Channel in HD.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I wish Bell Aliant would add this. I was in the States last week, and was impressed at all the Playhouse Disney content on Disney Channel in HD.
My question about children's services going HD has to do with their audience. Does it matter to the kids? Aren't they happy with any program regardless of whether it is in HD or not? I doubt if many kids have any idea of the differences.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My question about children's services going HD has to do with their audience. Does it matter to the kids? Aren't they happy with any program regardless of whether it is in HD or not? I doubt if many kids have any idea of the differences.
My children ages 6 and 10 do like HD content. So for them this is a big plus. Though my son does agree that Space needs to go HD.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Our household is very happy about the introduction. At first my daughter didn't really care but now she has become more discerning and is disappointed when a show is in SD.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Got my next bill from Rogers and the two month 'free' Super Channel consideration the rep gave me showed up as billed items.

It seems that there is a glitch in their system that if you are ,as am I, on discounted pricing (a retention deal) that their system will not allow the 'freebie' but will bill it with the % discount.

I was going to make a call to cancel it before the end of the 2nd month, but since I was calling to inquire about the bill error anyway, I just had them reverse the charges and cancel the add-on while I was at it.

The CSR was very apologetic and helpful, and offered correct the bill and discount if I still wanted to keep the 2 month freebie, but I declined her offer. One of the more professional and well-spoken reps with which I've dealt in a number of years.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts