Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, instead of having the time adjusted to 1 hour forward following the time change of last night, my time is 1 hour back.

So instead of showing 7:40 actual time, my receivers time are at 5:40.

I tried a hard reset on 1 of them, with no change, will wait a bit more and try a refresh later if not fixed...

Anyone else with similar issue?

·
Registered
51 Posts
No time change

Both of mine did the same thing. I believe the only solution is to phone Shaw Direct and have the receiver refreshed.

·
Registered
721 Posts
When I went to bed at 3am, both receivers were showing the correct adjusted time. When I awoke this morning, they were both an hour behind. So it seems the time was correctly moved ahead one hour but then adjusted back again and is now incorrect.

edit: My bedroon 630 receiver is displaying the correct time. So it is only the living room box that is one hour slow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same here. Times went back 1 hour instead of forward on all my STB's. (2 hour diff) Did a soft reset still only one hour behind.

Can't even login to Shawdirect.ca to send a refresh. No response. They must be getting hit hard on the website. I'm sure the phone-in would be a long wait as well.

Update: I called and there was general broadcast message to unplug STB to fix DST. I tried that and it didn't work. Called again and was put in Que for CSR. At the same time they sent a refresh while I was waiting on hold. The STB's then received the correct date display, so I then hung up. Didn't talk with anyone. Checked all my STB's and are now displaying correctly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oddly enough, both of my receivers (a 600 and a 630) stayed at one hour behind current time (I.E., at 9 a.m. Atlantic, they were showing 8 a.m.). They both changed around 10:45 a.m., right in the middle of two recordings, causing both to fail. Not impressed.

·
Registered
783 Posts
10 AM Pacific time and both of in-laws 530's are still an hour behind. No idea if they moved ahead and then back again or not. A hard reset on the first 530 did nothing. Haven't tried the other one yet.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
When I was going around about 8:00am this morning adjusting my non-automated clocks, I noticed my front room 630 was still on standard time. I unplugged it and it reset to DST, but was out by 2 minutes compared to my atomic clock. An hour or so later, it showed the correct time. I just checked the 630 in the back room and it's correct.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Daylight Savings Time

My 630 went forward 1 hour for the accursed DST. I noticed this around 5:00 AM EDST

The sun doesn't rise or set any differently due to DST. If people want to leave work or arrive at work one hour plus or minus, complain to the boss.

It has been shown that DST is statistically associated with an increase of heart attacks. It hasn't caused one in me, but it does get me aggravated.

Daylight Saving Time May Increase Your Risk of Heart Attack

·
Super Moderator
56,421 Posts
It has been shown that DST is statistically associated with an increase of heart attacks.
From the same article:

At the end of the summer, when clocks are turned back one hour so that people get an extra hour of sleep, the risk of heart attack fell by 21 percent.
Studies have shown that any negative impacts in the spring are balanced by positive impacts in the fall, resulting in no overall significant impact.

FYI, there was a good programme on Sleep (or lack thereof) on the Nature of Things this week. Probably some repeats available on CBC NW or other channels...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did a soft reset,still on hour behind.
Maybe Shaw Direct needs to get a hold of Mr Peabody and see if they can use His Wayback Machine ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi please what is a soft reset? I unplugged the 605 for a few minutes but it came back with the wrong time. :(
Hold the power button down on the front of the 605. The lower "dot" on the colon for the time will blink, when it stops release the power button. The unit will restart.

I have done both on my 605 and the time is still an hour behind.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Okay thanks straffer yeah no luck here either. :( We've had a Shaw 605 for years it was always fine at DST till now anyone know what went wrong? Its not just us so did they send out bad software???

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had tried to log into my account all night on my iPad ,but couldn't get in.
Finally went and used my PC and was able to login right away.
Used the system refresh and all is good now,showing the right time .

·
Registered
468 Posts
My manual timers were all out by an hour. Had to go in and not change the time, just enter and exit w/o changing the time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts