Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Say what? What will this do?

I read this week that Warner Bros is exploring renting movies on Facebook. Will this go along with what Telus is planning with Facebook?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't think it's anything to do with WB.

The Facebook app will let you see status updates and pictures. It won't allow you to send messages. Look for it under menu/applications. Scheduled for tomorrow (March 10th) but no schedule is ever firm, we did see a last-second delay for the 2.03 update.

EDIT to add:

You must subscribe to the internet along with Optik TV.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Sounds like a weird thing to implement. In most cases, I'd suspect more than one person in the house has a FB account. Do you really want your own account to be visible by all or will it support multiple accounts?

Having FB on a set-top box just sounds odd to me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Didn't have to re-start. It is on my system this a.m.
It is working,amazing. You can write on your friends wall and send messages.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Funny, I can see the menu option but when I click it, I'm getting a message that I require and Optik internet connection... I'll try a reboot after work cause I've got something recording now.

EDIT.. working fine now, I tried again a minute later and it works.

EDIT2. same thing happened on the test set at work, it gave the "need internet" message, then worked fine a couple minutes later.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It works quite well on our main tv. I was able to setup our 2 accounts and view pics, etc. It works on the XBOX as well, but it brigns everything up in a small window which is pretty hard to see/read.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love it! Now I can check out FaceBook without even turning on the computer. It runs smoothly.....great new feature. It's good to see Telus is at least trying new things unlike other service providers in my area. I want more.....:D

·
Registered
598 Posts
Surprised to find it there in the Applications menu (along with musicroom and callerID).

Yeah, fairly easy to set up, except I had to switch between the STB and the HTPC. Typing will be a PITA so just use it to click.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just watched one of the vids with Leonard Nimoy promoting Optik/Facebook... pretty funny. I don't think they're public yet but should be out there soon.

·
Registered
338 Posts
This is all well and good, but I'd rather they FIX all the problems with 2.02 mediaroom before releasing other stuff...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just tried to access Facebook on Optik. Entered my p i n number and I get an error message that says an email has been sent to me. When I open the email it is identical to the one I got when I originally set up Facebook on Optik. I have had my account since the first day and it has worked flawlessly and now I have problems.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts