Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble trying to get my Linksys WRT54G router to work with the DOCSIS 3.0 modem that I got with my recent upgrade to Extreme Plus. I called Rogers to switch to "bridge mode", I connected the router to LAN1, but still can't get it to work. I have a connection when LAN1 is connected directly to a PC.

Is there a "How To" thread that I couldn't find? There must be a setting(s) on the router that I haven't changed - although I did do a hard reset (factory default) and still no success.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
why dont you put it in bridge mode yourself?

type http://www/ in your browser to access the modem/router combo (make sure you are connected to the rogers modem only, do not connect your third party router yet)

then at the login type the following:

L: rogcesadmin
P: wra8uje

then change it yourself to standalone mode. Hope this helps

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
You might want to first turn off the wifi as apparently it stays on if it was enabled when you switch to bridge mode. Once you are in bridge mode there is no way to access the device as it no longer appears to have an IP address - although I guess a factory reset will set it back to router mode where you can get back to the config screens.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can switch into bridge mode easy enough - I can't seem to get internet access through my Linksys WRT54G router. When in bridge mode, when I connect my PC directly to LAN1, I have a live connection. Connecting my external router to the same port does not seem to work. I can't even connect to the router settings page through the IP address.

I have to switch back to the SMC gateway in order to get my wireless back up and running. I would rather use the external router.

Is it possible that I broke my router somehow?

·
Registered
235 Posts
make sure lan1 on the Rogers router is connected to the WAN port on the router, not to one of LAN the ports.

Disable commercial Gateway features on the rogers router.

reboot everything.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got this to work... I bought a new router (D-Link) and everything now works flawlessly. Don't know why my Linksys router stopped working - perhaps the dd-wrt installation bricked the hardware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts