Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a 3D TV with shutter glasses, ExpressVu channel 1933 is broadcasting a pretty good 3D test. Make sure your receiver is set for 1080i and 16:9 so your 3D TV gets the 3D signal. It is a 3D side by side broadcast so you need to tell your 3D TV this format. Their 3D test is pretty good although it is only ½ resolution at this time. Hopefully ExpressVu will upgrade to full 1080p full 3D resolution in the near future. Enjoy the latest technology now available in 3D. Of course you need full 3D equipment including the latest HDMI 1.4 cables throughout.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks for your feedback here, John. I do have a 3DTV with active-shutter glasses and would love to jump in, however, BTV won't carry this channel on their 9200 (MPEG-2) receivers and they are not offering any upgrade incentives. So, until they do and/or until BTV 3D programming becomes more prolific, I'll wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya John. I cant wait till Bell if they do, start to broadcast the proper 3D signal.. It is fully possible.

I know that most around the world are still only sidebyside also. Though the initial signal is full 3d, i dont know if its only being received by bell in sidebyside, or if bell is converting it from full3d to sidebyside. as this is a good starter format to get used to and evolve from there.

The rogers new cisco box was advertised as 3d ready in the toronto start at one point, but i have one of those too, and rogers, also only broadcasts in sidebyside, and nothing it automatic 3d with any of these receivers as of present. Jan 2011,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts