Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I closed this thread because it frankly became a flame war with people being banned.

Feel free to review to learn good things about ExpressVu.

This thread is a good news thread only! Post your positive stories about Bell ExpressVu here.

For those who have had negative experiences, I can sympathize and direct you to this thread.

Anyone posting negative comments in here or harassing people that do will be banned. Sorry but I tire of the silliness!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Bell Card member

Well.........I guess I can start out saying that I have called the new card member number which bundled Bell customers now have and I was connected to someone very quickly. The person was very friendly as well.

They were not able to resolve my issue and I was transferred to 1-888-skydish but it was a breath of fresh air.

Hoping all future calls will be as curtious.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
i also had a recent billing issue resolved quickly and the rep was very courteous on the phone...she also didn't try to sell me anything...i am also bundled and called the special number that bundled customers get.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I called the other day with a billing issue. Once I got a CSR all went well. My account is back to normal and the CSR was courteous, friendly, and helpful. I would also like to report that since the new sat went up I have only lost my signal (once last fall just before a very bad rainstorm). I did experience "snowfade" during the winter; but that was easily fixed by keeping an extended snowbrush by the backdoor to wipe off the dish every so often.

Zoo

·
Banned
382 Posts
After 6 months I'm still happy that I switched from Shaw to Bell ExpressVu.

Reasons:
- More HD programming.
- The picture quality of non-HD channels is better compared to Shaw's analog channels, although it could be even better with less compression.
- Finer grained channel packaging means I don't have to buy a whole tier of 20 channels just to get 1 or 2 channels.
- Problems actually do get fixed. During the 5900 fiasco I was told by a CSR that it would be fixed, and it was. It took an awfully long time, but ...
- Improvements: No rain fade on 91 since N3 went into service. Only once on 82 since then.
- The IPG is accurate - and the HD indicator for HD programs is pretty reliable too. Now if only the guide went out more than 44 hours.
- The few times that I have called, the CSR who answered was very courteous and helpful. Only once could I not get through because of long hold times.

Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just switched from Rogers to Bell, installation booked between 12pm and 5pm, installer showed up at 3pm. The installer did a very professional job, installed 3 receivers, setup the programming, he even called me back about 1hr after he was done to see if everything is ok.
All in all a very positive experience!!! Good job Bell!!!

·
Banned
382 Posts
QualityIsJobOne said:
Not a Movie Central sub?
I was but I cancelled it a while back because Bell hadn't picked up the 24/7 feed (I called Bell, complained, and wrangled a credit.) I've looked at the MC HD schedule and the content is a little skimpy - for my viewing habits it's not nearly enough to make up for Shaw's lack of eastern timeshifts (ABC/NBC/CBS), SNHD, FOX, CityHD (UPN/WB), and now CBCHD.

Plus I can always watch a $5 movie or 2 per month on one of Bell's 4 PPV HD movie channels and still come out ahead.

The only other feature that Bell doesn't have and Shaw does is an HD DVR. I hope the 9100 or whatever is available soon. Then I could record and the DiscoveryHD programs that they always seem to schedule for 5 am.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Called Bell late this afternoon complaining about lost signal from time to time on DejaView, which I think is on transponder 8. I told her the signal is only registering in the low 70s, whereas other signals were close to 100%. I fully expected her to say this was normal, but she had me turn on the menu and go to the signal input dialog box and enter a whole bunch of different transponders. Sure enough, all of my even transponders were weak and odd ones were strong. She then asked if my line from the dish to the receiver was all one component or connected with a joiner at some point? I told her the installer simply connected an old satellite cable to the new one coming from the dish. She said this could be the problem. To make a long story short she booked an installer to come to my house this coming Monday morning and there would be no charge.
Monday also happens to be the day my three-month warranty expires, but I thought this was pretty quick service, especially since I was calling on a late Saturday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,896 Posts
OK, here goes. Now this may appear at first to be a rant, but if you follow along with me to the end, you will see why I am posting it here.

I moved a couple of months ago. The old owner of the house only has one satellite line coming into the house. I managed to squeeze 2 cables into the hole, but that was all that would fit for the time being. One line was my US dish, and one was used for one of my Bell receivers. The rest of my bell receivers were left packed in boxes.

Last week I read in another thread that if you had the new card in your receiver, and your receiver was unplugged for more than a week, you would lose your programming. Sure enough, I found out this was true.

I ran my extra lines and plugged in all my receivers. Then I made the call to Bell. Waited about 30 minutes on hold. When I finally got a CSR I played dumb; not letting on that I knew what the problem was. I wanted to see if he knew. I did mention that I had just moved, and hadn't had my receivers plugged in for weeks. Still he had me go through a few hoops. (Check signal strength, check switch, etc.)

Finally all the channels came back on. He asked if there was anything else he could help me with. I did say I was thinking of adding another channel. He said "Tell you what, because of the inconvenience, I will give you all the channels for one month, for the same price as you are paying now. At the end of the one month if you no longer want them all, you will have to call us back up to downgrade."

I was pretty shocked. Bell was actually offering me something of value to me for my time and effort.

Keep up the good work Bell!

·
Registered
971 Posts
ken

That sounds like the old negative billing trick Rogers tried about ten years ago and was slapped down severely. If you decide to downgrade, let us know how it goes. Remember, it takes 30 days for a downgrade to be processed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So Far So Great

I just started with BEV and so far love the service. I bought my two receiver system for $19.00 after all the credits on March 17, and because there was an existing Bell dish on the house with two lines coming in from [email protected], I had the whole thing hooked up in about 15 mins. I called, got my receivers activated, and had all my channels within 10 mins.

Picture quality is great and cancelled my cable the very next day. No problems at all and am in love with my new system. The price was great, and the costs of programming are great.

Keep up the good work Bell.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am happy with my BEV service. I think I got a pretty good deal considering I got a 3120 Kit (later sold the dish,lnb and hardware on ebay as my apartment is wired for Bell)for free when I signed onto a 1 yr contract. The service is a good value with zero downtime.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got my install done on Friday, the guy was great, totally professional install, 4 recievers, 3 3100's, and I love the 5900. All channels are crystal clear unlike what my cable was.. So Far I am totally impressed.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
just a heads up, i have read from a few rogers cable users that their latest bill informed them of an increase of $4 per month.

just wanted to let you know that price increases happen with EVERY company, and that the grass isn't always greener on the other side (mentioning that as many people complained of the last $3 charge and said they were cancelling and going back to cable)...hehehe...i would hate to see the look on their faces now after getting rid of all their sat equipment, only to have a price increase slapped on them soon after signing up.

·
Registered
190 Posts
can't believe i'm posting in this particular forum considering all of the problems i've had with bell.

i left, and just recently decided to come back. it was hard to justify subbing to sc and paying for the hardware up front when i had my expressvu hardware sitting here collecting dust

also helps that the 9200 is soon to come which should be good..

anyways...i called customer service and asked to speak to a manager right away. the first csr hung up on me, but the second one, tara was very polite and said sure. she also asked me a couple of questions so she could make sure that she couldn't help me.

she didn't hang up on me and she also came back on the line to let me know there was a 15 minute wait to get through to the manager....

when the manager came on, he was very polite and very helpful(nice change). i've moved since i cancelled my service so he offered to activate me on the basic digital standard, put me on vacation, and then put me on the move program right away. i confirmed everything such as remaining a month to month sub and potential credits so i gave the thumbs up except for the vacation mode since that would involve another call. the manager stayed on the line while i spoke to the move program guys and i'm all set for install thursday morning.

the manager also said i could email him with my account number once i'm all setup and he will look at some credits for me.

how the install will go is anybodys guess, but i can't believe i'm in this situation again to begin with :eek:

·
Registered
787 Posts
We recently moved after only 6 months of having BEV at the old house. The BEV folks set up an appointment for the installer to come over, they called the day before and the installer showed up on time, and did a great job.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Dean W said:
Was there a charge to move?
no charge for moves...assuming there isn't any work that would be above a standard install.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Everytime I call I receive amazing service. Friendly, helpful, and capable of answering questions. I think the problems people have with BELL are nothing more than a myth to try and degrade a successful company.

Quite happy BELL...better than I expected.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts