Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ExpressVu is offering a $100 Satisfaction Credit to existing customers upgrading to 9200 receiver. The credit is to offset to cost of installtion of new receiver. Customers who elect to install receiver themselves still receive the credit.

Deckster

·
Registered
317 Posts
Deckster said:
ExpressVu is offering a $100 Satisfaction Credit to existing customers upgrading to 9200 receiver. The credit is to offset to cost of installtion of new receiver. Customers who elect to install receiver themselves still receive the credit.

Deckster
how would I go about getting one ;-) ?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think this is new. If you've already got one your probably not eligible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got off the phone with a CSR inquiring about getting a 9220 from a FS as I cannot locate any rebranded 9220's as 9200's. To which she said that is not allowed. However she mentioned that they are offering a $100 credit if you opt to get the 92xx professionally installed. The credit applies to new and existing customers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did they say you had to get it professionally installed to get the credit? I alreayd have all the wiring and equipment to run the 9200.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes she said you had to get it installed to qualify. Much like the way it works for new customers already. However as history has shown you tend to get different answers between CSR's.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cbsmith said:
Did they say you had to get it professionally installed to get the credit? I alreayd have all the wiring and equipment to run the 9200.
This is directly from the information I received today:

"Existing customers who opt for professional installation will pay the installer upfront for the installation. Existing customers who opted for self and/or professional installation will then automatically receive the $100 satisfaction credit on their account within 6-8 weeks after activation of their 9200 receiver"

·
Registered
640 Posts
Whats a def of a existing customer?

If someone signs up with a basic receiver today, then tomorrow they get the 9200 for $100 off?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I am a potential customer.

I want 2 receivers, 3100 (or 3200) and a 9200. I know one of them will be the '20' series instead of '00'

What should be the order or procedure that I buy and what equipment and discounts should I expect.

All at one store? order from Bell? What?

Thanks

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hey that's great news. All-in-all I am very impressed with the price that I have paid for this 9200 receiver as an existing sub:

$599 - $30 (FS matched their posted 9200 web price for me) - $100 = $469

Not sure where else you can get a dual-tuner HDTV PVR w/250 GB hard drive for $469. That's unreal! Not to mention IMNSHO the Bell's superiority in HD programming (all major networks, TSN-HD, NFL Sunday Ticket HD, WGN-HD).

I think we're going to see some serious competition in the Canadian HD market in the future. Bell has seriously just raised the bar... and no I don't work for Bell! ;)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
smp01 said:
All at one store? order from Bell? What?

Thanks
Buy them all from one store. You should be able to find a 9220 for new customers, and add the 3100 receiver. If you sign a two year term, you'll save $30 on the 9220, 6 months free HD programming (6 X $10 credit), and possibly $50 (2 X $25) programming credit depending on the programming you choose.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anybody else called in yet to verify, it's not that I don't believe (I want too!), it's just been my experiance that if "you don't ask then you don't get"

Al

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Westcoaster said:
Anybody else called in yet to verify, it's not that I don't believe (I want too!), it's just been my experiance that if "you don't ask then you don't get"

Al
I called this afternoon and can verify that between July 5 and sept. xx there is a $100 credit for buying a 9200. It will come automatically 4 to 6 weeks after activation.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
And as an added bonus, Futureshop is having a Friends and family event this weekend....$50 off any purchase of $500 or more (or $25 off any purchase of $250+).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just bought two 9200s, one as a new sub, one as an existing customer (obviously). I could not get a $100 credit on either because I only signed a 1 year contract just yesterday. I could not sign a two year contract after the fact and I would have recevied the credits. Now, not only did I lose the 6 months free HDTV but I also lost $200 in "customer appreciation" credit, if that's what it's called. I guess I'm not a customer? Things aren't starting right already.

santo

1 - 20 of 102 Posts