Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Panasonic TCP50G25 at oakville FS last week and was very happy until day 6. On the 6th day of use we lost the right 25% of the screen. Didn't matter the input source, it was gone. Called FS and explained the problem. They said they would send someone out to fix or swap. Had a small problem getting scheduled but done today, the day afer reporting the problem. Great service and we look foreward to having 100% of a great picture.

FYI my input sources are a ganged pair 2442's and Qam cable. Love the antenna source, although in Grimsby I lose both Tor. and Buffalo at times but with the Qam backup, all is good.Both sources feed into a Tvio HD allowing the Tivo controller to handle both inputs.

Much thanks to all for the OTA and Tivo input over the years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you have the Future Shop extended warranty? Or was this with the standard Panasonic warranty and the 30 day satisfaction guarantee?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excperience with Panasonic TCP50G25 - follow-up

Just saw this question. It was their standard - look after the customer - approach and I would not expect any thing different.

Several months later I still love the boxes although I wish I could find a way to add a channel name to the QAM channels on my TIVO, something like a "favourite" list that existes on the TV. Can't find anything like that on the TIVO so have to use a cheat sheet beside my chair with the mapping lr the channels.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just bought this plasma yesterday from BestBuy, FutureShop has it for the same sale price this week.

While the HD channels are very good quality, I could not believe how poor the SD programming looked, especially when compared to my 5 year old Pioneer 720P 43" PHP-4360HP plasma..........., but hopefully I won't need to watch SD channels on the Panasonic at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the very same thing happen to me. It was pretty weird to lose part of my screen. I never really seen anything like it before. Fortunately, their customer service was great, they came right out with a replacement within 48 hours of calling them. I was very grateful as this is uncommon with most companies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts