Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Vancouver Canucks this week released their full television schedule for the 2010 and 2011 which includes all 82 regular season and seven pre-season games.

The regular season games will air on CBC, TSN and Rogers Sportsnet.

Forty-five regular season games will air on Sportsnet Pacific, thirteen on Sportsnet One and twenty four will be nationally televised broadcasts on TSN and CBC. Since Sportsnet One is not currently available in British Columbia, Canucks games scheduled for Sportsnet ONE will be seen on Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey.

A total of five pre-season games will be televised on Rogers Sportsnet (three games on Rogers Sportsnet Pacific and two on Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey), one on CBC and one on TSN.

The regular season begins with a 7:00 pm start on Monday, October 11th when the Canucks host the Florida Panthers on Sportsnet Pacific. John Shorthouse will provide the play-by-play, alongside analyst John Garrett and host Dan Murphy.

The complete schedule in .pdf format can be downloaded from here.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey had nothing to do with One not being available in Vancouver. It is the companion channel that you get with Sportsnet One so that Sportsnet One can air multiple games in different areas at once. Flames, Oilers and Senators games are on Sportsnet Flames, Sportsnet Oilers and Sportsnet Senators respectively.

Of course that doesn't matter now that Shaw has added Sportsnet One, but people who want to see Canucks games on Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey will have to subscribe to One.

·
Registered
478 Posts
All 82 games, plus all 16 playoff wins, that's a lot of canucks on tv this year!

this isn't really big news, except for vancouver-area fans who no longer need to pay 180 bucks for 12 HD games. bonus for them, finally a fee in BC being waived!!!

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
2010-11 CALGARY FLAMES BROADCAST SCHEDULE

Calgary, AB - The Calgary Flames announcedthat for the first time ever, all 82 Flames regular season games will be broadcast on television.
Rogers Sportsnet signed a landmark 10-year agreement with the Calgary Flames earlier this summer to broadcast 58 regional games (all in High Definition), 39 on Rogers Sportsnet West and 19 to subscribers of Rogers Sportsnet ONE. Please note that Sportsnet Flames is the companion channel of Sportsnet One. Viewers need to subscribe to Sportsnet One to watch the Sportsnet Flames channel.

The breakdown of the Flames 82 game schedule (plus three preseason games) is as follows: Sportsnet West (39), Sportsnet Flames (19 + 2 pre-season games), CBC (14) and TSN (10+1 preseason).

"We are thrilled to be able to broadcast all 82 Flames games to our fans this season," said Flames Vice-President of Marketing & Advertising, Jim Bagshaw. "The Flames have one of the most passionate fan bases in all of sports and we have worked with our television broadcast partners to match this level of interest."

The Flames open up the 2010-11 season on the road with a "Battle of Alberta" as Calgary travels north to face the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday, October 7th with CBC broadcasting the game.

Calgary with host the Los Angeles Kings at the Saddledome on Sunday, October 10th for their first home game of the season and the first Flames broadcast on Sportsnet West.

·
Banned
102 Posts
So isnt someone shooting themselves in the foot regarding the PPV Canuck games? I know quite a few people who paid to watch those games last year. I guess i'm a pessimist DS but i'll believe this when I see it. All 82 canuck games televised and none of them on PPV.......Now the real question.....I assume they will all be broadcast in HD?

·
Banned
102 Posts
If this is all true DS then all the bashing about SP1 should be forgotten and well worth a $ or two more a month........I still cant believe this DS :eek:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
This is true, I don't know why you find it so hard to believe. Sportsnet and the Canucks announced the agreement in early August and the schedule was released in late August. All 82 games are on CBC (14), TSN (10), Sportsnet Pacific (45) and Sportsnet One (13).

Hugh linked the schedule straight from the Canucks website at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts