Condé Nast Digital today introduced its first cooking application in the Android Market.
The free application, “Epicurious' Recipes & Shopping List: On the Go and In the Kitchen,” includes numerous features including the ability to search the Epicurious database of over 28,000 recipes.
Features of the application are similar to the popular Epicurious iPhone application released last year including:
- Recipes: Over 28,000 professionally tested recipes sourced from Gourmet and Bon Appétit magazine, plus web-exclusive recipes from renowned chefs and cookbook authors.
- Voice Recognition Search: Speak the name of an ingredient or recipe into the phone and instantly receive recipes.
- Homepage widget: Click to view out Epicurious.com’s recipe of the day is.
- Browse functionality: Browse popular recipe collections, from Weeknight Dinners to Cool Cocktails. Select a recipe collection from the Home screen, then swipe to flip from recipe to recipe.
- Search engine: Swipe through icons on the search screen to filter by what's in your fridge, what's healthy, what's in season, and more. Find inspiration browsing by type of dish, main ingredient, cuisine, dietary consideration, dish type, and season or occasion. Or, search recipes by keyword.
- Saving and sending functionality: Save recipes to your Favorites by tapping the plus sign on any recipe image. E-mail any recipe to yourself or to a friend.
- Shopping List: Shop on the go by saving recipes to your Shopping List (just tap the plus sign on any recipe image). At the store, check off items as you shop.
- Cookbook mode: Tap "view recipe" to see the recipe in step-by-step view for easy-to-follow instructions in the kitchen.
To download, simply go to the market on your Android phone, click the "Just In" tab, and hit install.
Discuss in Digital Home's Smartphone Applications forum .