Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
English football fans in Canada looking to watch their favourite Barclays Premier League team can now subscribe to over 300 matches in the upcoming season.

Fans logging on to the PremierLeagueLive.tv website can select and purchase a package of games through monthly or annual subscriptions.

The cost is $15 a month or $150 for an annual subscription. Fans can also sign up through the Sportsnet.ca website.

·
Registered
23 Posts
EPL On line

Hugh. Just checking in from iPhone. Do you know if these streams will be in HD? Any word yet on Setanta HD cost? If they are asking too much they will loose customersmto this new service. I guess it's a win-win for Rogers anyway

·
Registered
360 Posts
My neighbor signed up for it last weekend so we could watch the Everton game live instead of tape delayed on Setanta. There were a few technical hiccups, most likely because it was Day 1 but the overall quality was quite good. I had a setanta-i.com subscription last year and it was much better quality than that for anyone that used setanta-i.com last year. We were running it out of a macBook Pro into a 42" Plasma using component cables.

If you go monthly the 1st month is free.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quality for the Everton game was far better this week; no sound hiccups or stuttering screen (the less said about the result the better :( ). Also, due to the 'negotiations' for Sportsnet 1 out west, it lets us poor saps watch the final Premiership game of the Saturday.

As I said in another thread, the picture quality is excellent, when comparing it to Setanta SD. It is shown in widescreen and I'm guessing it's upconverted similar to the F1 races on TSN-HD.

Well worth the $15.00 charge and it's likely I'll drop Setanta SD due to the quality issues at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts