Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,524 Posts
A few things to try if you haven't already:

1. Press the reset button on the sensor. You should see a solid red light, followed in a few seconds by regular flashes. These regular flashes will have an occasional "extra" flash when your meter is sending a signal that the sensor picks up. The regular flashes should stop after a couple of minutes. If you don't see any "extra" flashes, then the meter may not be sending any...

2. You could be getting interference from other devices, or even another nearby Blue Line. To get around this you need to change the frequency, as follows:

A. Hold the reset button for 5-10 seconds on the sensor - this chooses a different frequency. You should then see the regular flashes and the extra flashes. The number of extra flashes will depend on how much power you're using. I only got an extra flash at roughly 10 second intervals, but I wasn't using much power at the time, perhaps 0.5 kW.

B. After about 10 minutes (or a little more) the display should "sleep" or not show any readings since they are not in communication any more.

C. Take the display outside with you and hold the synch button on the display for about 10 seconds until you hear TWO beeps. (this is longer than it takes to get the resynch beep which takes about 5 seconds). The Display should then display the Id screen. Once you have the Id screen up, press the reset button on the sensor (quickly, do not hold) and you should hear a beep on the display and the Id screen should be gone. After a few minutes the display should be working properly again indicating the use and temperature on a new frequency. You may wish to repeat if this frequency also exhibits "interference".

These instructions are also in the troubleshooting section of the Blue Line installation/instructions documents.

·
Super Moderator
11,130 Posts
Thanks I might give those a try. The temperature reading is always being sent so I know the comm is working.

I follow-up with Blue Line and they said the meter is most likely sending out a pulse (for the utility company) but not one the Blue Line sensor can read. That would explain the sporadic reading. Perhaps the pulse output is a burst intermixed with diagnostics codes.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts