Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might belong in the Shaw forum.

Were the Emmys broadcast in HD last night? I helped a family friend buy & set up a new HDTV over the weekend, and they were quite disappointed to find the Emmys were only on CTV in SD. What gives?!

·
Super Moderator
4,487 Posts
Emmys were in HD on NBC.

I didn't watch the CTV feed.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
Shaw may be receiving different channels for CTV/NBC from those who were posting in E. Canada. It's unlikely to be a Shaw issue since they usually just "pass" the signal, so perhaps CTV/NBC west were having an issue...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wasn't even listed in the guide for either NBC or CTV HD channels. We thought it was broadcast on a different night until we checked the SD channels.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
Also note that even if you're tuned to an NBC channel, you may be seeing the CTV feed if the programme is simsubbed. So if there was something wrong with CTV Vancouver's feed say, even if you tuned to NBC, you may be seeing the CTV feed problem. Usually you can tell by the station logo.

When this happens, you need to call the service provider and they could switch to the (real) NBC feed...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like this might be specific to Shaw Victoria then. Thanks for the responses.

Annoying as heck when you're trying to teach new people about HD programming and it doesn't even work properly.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was able to watch them in HD on WDIV the Detroit NBC affiliate
with no simsub with Shaw
But what is your location? Are you in Victoria?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts