Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
DSR315 Dead Duck ?

... come September the 500 series receivers would no longer work at all ...
At all? Goodness, I have a 630 and a 315. Would my DSR315 no longer be able to receive any channels?

BTW, I use the 315 for audio purposes - smooth jazz channel; only rarely do we actual watch TV on that receiver.

·
Registered
783 Posts
TV Master was asking if the letter from Shaw D claimed that 500 series would quit working completely OR if each account just needs to have ONE 600 series receiver to satisfy the requirement. Nothing says that 500 series equipment (or older) is going to stop working.

Terry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just came across the latest decision by the CRTC on this topic. Looks like they are off the hook for now and the CRTC is OK with their *generous* upgrade offer only for non-6xx owners.

Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-569

I'll have to give them a call to find out if the $50 offer is still on the table...and whether or not, on top of taxes, they tack on delivery and installation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Oh and Bell is also in this latest CRTC decision. Apparently, they were upgrading their customer's equipment for free.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Well waited long enough and with the MPEG-4 transition, got a free rental 600 replacement for my owned 505. Also sending me the new LNIB for the third satellite. The offer was made in a snail mail letter and is available only to those that do not have a 6xx receiver. My 505 will be decommissioned as part of this offer. I'm guessing this is the final leg of their plan to make sure all their clients receive the Emergency Alerts as per their long past due obligation to the CRTC.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts