Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the internet, but I cannot make it work. Basically, I created a Christmas card from one of my photos, and want to send it to friends as Christmas card. But I do not want to use attachment. It would be nice if my friends open the email, and the photo or picture would load (just like all the other commercial emails I received from BestBuy, etc.)

Anyone knows and want to share the secret?
TIA

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out how to do it. Got to click "rich text" in Yahoo mail, and then copy and paste (or drag) picture from a web server.:)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
But how do you do that from a photo off your computer? I've wondered about this for a while but gave up. I ended up just using Outlook to embed a photo in the body of the email.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wondered that myself. I just looked up in the Help. Here is what I found for you:
Note: Although Rogers Yahoo! Mail often displays attached photos within the messages you receive, it doesn’t display the photos you attach while composing your message. Instead, it lists the photos in the attachments area. The photos may appear within the text of the message when your recipients receive it if their email applications allow it.
So depends on your recipients mail client as to how it is displayed. You could also load Thunderbird or another mail client to create your email.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sleemo:

I have a free account with photobucket. Uploaded my photo to it. Open Yahoo Mail in another window, click new, and make sure you see "Plain Text". If you see "Rich Text", click it. Then drag your uploaded photo to the email body. The photo should now be part of the email (you can see it). You can add text before you drag the photo, and can also add text after the photo.

Have fun. I sent my friends a Christmas card, and they are impressed.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
@e268 - yes, I understand what you meant in your second post. I just don't want to upload every photo I want to send in an email to a photo hosting site first. Thanks for the work around though, I didn't know that.

Oh, and another thing...say your recipient gets your Christmas card, opens it and all is good, then you decide to delete that Christmas card photo from your hosting site, will the recipient still be able to see that photo if they open that email again after you've deleted the original photo?

Try it and report back! :D

;)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tried it. Deleting it on the server deletes the photo on the email which just show photo deleted. This may be a good feature if you do not want the photo to stay in internet for too long.

BTW, I have a gallery2 photo web server. I can do the same without having to upload to photobucket. The only problem is that for it to work, I need to get rid of .htaccess password protection.

Seems like Outlook is a better alternative, but I am using linux and do not want to reboot to windows, besides I never use Outlook.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts