Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.

Bit of an issue with my email account. All new emails are showing up in the Deleted folder.

Here is my setup

I have a Samsung laptop running Win 7 Home prem.

My internet provider is Bell Sympatico.

To access my email, I do the following.

1) From the Sympatico home page, click the "Bell Mail" icon.

2) The "Windows Live" webpage appears and I sign in using my Bell email account and password.

3) The Bell email webpage shows up. It indicates that my Inbox is empty, yet when I click the "go to inbox" link, my Deleted folder will be highlighted, and all my new messages are sitting there.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am just not finding? Or, do I need to contact Bell Sympatico on this issue?

(Mod.
I put this issue here because I am not sure if it is a Win 7 issue or a Bell Sympatico problem. Move to the appropriate folder if necessary. Thx)

Thx
Jim
Windsor Ont

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There may be a "rule" set in the email application that is deleting all emails. I would also check the junk email settings.
That is the problem. Where would these rules exist? I have looked thru the Bell website, Hotmail and my own settings in Control panel, and nothing exists

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Resolution

Finally contacted Bell Sympatico Tech support and found the answer.

I use Outlook Express for my email app and had to change a setting.

Here is the procedure

In Outlook Express, select TOOLS, then ACCOUNTS, highlight your account, select PROPERTIES, click the ADVANCED tab, in the DELIVERY subsection, check Leave a copy of messages on server

1 - 3 of 3 Posts