Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Where can I check if my phone line or connection is eligible for FibeTV? I need to find out. I am sick and tired of Cogeco in Oakville. Fibe might save a day.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Just call Bell and ask them...maybe you could also find the info on bell.ca

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read one post where they said you can enter phone number and find out what services you can have

·
Registered
165 Posts
When available

I sign up on their web site as being interested and got a phone call last week. Person indicated that it is only available in two areas in Toronto at the current time. There is no time as to when it will be available outside of Toronto. She indicated that they are working hard to roll it out as quickly as possible. I suspect it will be at least a year before it gets to Oshawa. She also indicated I would get a letter when it is available to me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, all this is music for my ears, just time to ready is killer. I am in Oakville. I'll call them up tomorrow and sign up in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Availability

:) Just got off the phone with a Bell Fibe CSR and was informed that Bell Fibe IPTV will be available province wide (ON) on Aug 14. Can't wait. I am currently with Cogeco cable and they cannot even come close to matching their prices. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
It'll only be available provice wide if your're in a serviced area, which many are not going to be in one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Correction

It will be available province wide where Bell already has establised internet service. I stand corrected. :eek:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'll chime in a little bit more here - you're going to need to have a line that is capable most likely of around 20 - 25Mb (most likely 25Mb), so even if you can get Bell internet, you may only be able to attain 7Mb due to distance from the closest remote, equipment you're connected to, etc. From my understanding, this service will be available in a lot of the major areas, but more of the rural areas probably aren't going to be able to get it due to not being able to get the speed needed for IPTV service.

I've got some other posts up about this, but the general idea is that Bell isn't going to be putting in the new expensive remotes if they can only get a small handful of people to connect to it. It just wouldn't make sense for Bell to install the remotes everywhere where they're not going to get their value out of it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Pre-order!

There's a section on the website where you can "pre-order" the service, and they'll supposedly contact you when it's available in your area. It'll be a long time before it's in Orillia, but I pre-ordered all the same, I want this service soooooo bad:p

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Next week?! That is awesome news if true! I just called them 10 minutes ago and they said only "downtown core".

My guess is that if you can get Fibe25, you can get FibeTV, so on their web site, plug your phone number into the internet section and see if it offers you Fibe25.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I don't think this Aug 15 date has any teeth. I just read some "Strategic Imperatives" and "Business Outlook" docs on the BCE corporate website and there's no mention of this service expanding beyond Toronto and Montreal in 2010.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
No idea...the docs I read just said "Toronto" and "Montreal". The post above speaks about a province-wide roll-out starting next week and all I'm saying is that BCE did not seem to consider a province-wide rollout of this service a "Strategic Imperative" for 2010.

Still crossing my fingers though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts