Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seven months after it went on-air in Edmonton, Harvard Broadcasting owned CKEA-FM has switched its format from adult album alternative format to soft adult contemporary.

Targeting Adults 25 to 54, the station formerly known as 95.7 The Sound, the station will now be known as Lite 95.7, featuring music from artists such as Michael Buble, Elton John, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, Katy Perry, and Train and Bon Jovi.

The new format begins today with husband and wife morning personalities Jamie O’Connell and Dan Hunt co-hosting during the morning drive while long time Edmonton personality Ryann Bradley hosts afternoon drive.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I would imagine that there was a listener hole left by EZ Rock switching formats to Virgin Radio. It's nearly impossible for this to happen in any media market. Good on Harvard for making the flip.
I noticed in the ratings that the Sound @ 95.7 was not making a mark in Edmonton. Hopefully, this will increase the listener-ship.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I used to have 95.7 on one of the pre-sets in the truck, sometimes listened when the main stations I listen to were comercials or what not. I usually just cycle through pre-sets and stop when I like something.

Then the other day I was cycling through and heard Christmas music...thought that was odd. Stuck around until the end of the song and found out the station had switched and was giving a free preview of what they will be playing during Christmas this year :eek:

"The Sound" was OK, but had a LOT of old obsure programming.

Now that there is a new hit station (Virgin) I can now listen to Rihanna 24/7 in 3 places while I drive :rolleyes:

Being in the target demographic (34), I have already taken 95.7 off the pre-sets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts