Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I would like to know if anyone can sugest some good software to edit files on dvd ( that would have been recorded from Bell PVR )? My son has a bunch of shows recorded on the PVR and I want to burn them to DVD ( using DVD recorder ) but I would like to edit out the commercials and then burn a new clean dvd.

Not a big computer guy so the simpler the better

Thanks

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
It might be possible with something like Windows Movie Maker, if you run a PC.

You might want to ask this question in the Computer Forum, or even search in there for an answer as it is more of a Computer question than a Bell question.

This is of course assuming that you are talking about pressing "play" on the Bell PVR and "record" on the DVD to get the show in the first place, as getting the files off the drive and using them is not possible, pretty sure that is what you were saying.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is waht I am thinking of doing, "record" onto a dvd using dvd recorded ( conected to the PVR ) then playing the disk on my pc and editing out the commercials and burning a new dvd

Thanks, i will try the computer forum

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
DVD edit.

I use Movie Maker that comes with Windows Vista, but depending on what type of DVD you originally use and how it is recorded onto the DVD, Movie Maker does not recognize the video.
I have a Toshiba laptop that also came with a free version of Ulead DVD Movie Factory and that appears to be able to load all videos in for editing and once I do that I can use either Windows Movie Maker or Ulead Movie Factory for editing. Most of the time is spent importing and exporting the video, the editing is quick.
I also have a Sony HDD DVD burner that I do editing on, it is much quicker to edit out commercials then burn that directly to DVD.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Someone might read it here but I think more exposure in the other forum.

One suggestion from a buddy is to convert to an avi, as that is easier to work with. His idea not mine......lol

Good Luck.

·
Registered
384 Posts
DVD shrink is still my all time favorite for ripping DVD's to the point that I still use it with wine on my Linux desktop. Aside from that I would use ffmpeg to convert ripped files to something like MP4 and Avidemux to do the editing. It easier to do the conversion first but you can likely let Avidemux handle both conversion and editing. I don't bother re-authoring DVD's anymore since it easier just to setup a media server like Mediatomb, Fuppes or Tversity and dump the ripped files in a big media dedicated drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts