Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying out this app as Im looking for a way to SMS less. I checked out the App store and came across it.

Seems like its quite polished, and its FREE.

http://www.ebuddy.com/

Anyone else using it? I will try it for a couple more days and if still good I will start to suggest my friends get in on it too.

mod: looks like its out for Android too, and perhaps Win Mobile? Not sure about that one. Please add to the title.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A free App providing push notifications for all your major IM messages, too good. Push works very well on this one, unlike on emails where it fails miserably.

eBuddy could have been perfect, one thing I dont like is that it lets you stay signed in for up to 30 minutes only after exiting the app - - which makes Push useless after 30 minutes. I keep eBuddy running instead of closing it so that I can receive messages beyond 30 mins!

If they increase the sign in period to 6,8,12 etc hours, this would be a perfect free IM app. I guess battery life would be an issue then, which still is an issue as it drains much faster than 3G under normal use.

·
Registered
763 Posts
i just tried this app out a few days ago for the first time as well. nice looking app for IM.. pretty disappointing that it can only keep you signed in for up to 30 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts