Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short my landlord B&B the basement suite and paid my wifi internet in full so he could set up the tenant! All good no issues until he said he was hooking it up for himself and then I changed the password after a month thinking I don’t think he hooked up his Eastlink why is everything slow and not downloading. I started noticing my Netflix etc lags and streaming movies stops and buffers continuously and it’s hooked directly to the modem. Password changed new coaxial cable installed inside. No issues apparent all good so tech left! The issues is not solved it’s still doing this! If I do Speedtest it shows 150 and strangely enough it stops the instant he’s home. Drops to 34 So went outside to look at my Eastlink connection and there’s a new connection but the cable isn’t labeled Eastlink and it runs to back of the duplex and enters his window!
Eastlink is no help figuring this out! One guy was a condescending and rude! I’m asking if someone’s come set up Eastlink or if he opened box and did this himself, also not sure if he or someone is still able to access internet as when I tried to access my modem it told my I couldn’t as someone else was logged in in the area?! Again Eastlink could give me zero answers telling me they’ll send s tech again in a week !!! Reallly!!
View attachment 11671 View attachment 11672 View attachment 11673 I told them you did this 2 weeks ago and of course don’t think he looked at the outside connection he tested my wifi connection and tested speed no ones home downstairs so nothings being affected as nothing is in use. Curious if your able to steal internet as well without knowing if it’s spliced I know u can steal tv and they have free channels being offered now as is!
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
Are you a tenant too? If you check the user agreement, I think you'll find most companies prohibit sharing the connection, including with tenants. Given the problem only happens when he's home, he's clearly the cause, though I have no idea what he's doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts