Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone needs to check there bills as I just checked Eastlinks website and the price for basic HD package has gone from $4.95/mth to $6.95/mth. Nothing was said about this, no letters were sent out or any type on information related to this price increase at all. This has me even more angry with this company now since we in Halifax are getting the shaft when it comes to HD channels as we are missing 18 of them most other areas have.

They have secretly raised prices and I bet most won't even notice this. They have not informed us at all about this increase.

This price increase I knew was coming in some form with the 70 million dollar purchase of that Bermuda company, I knew they would be increasing pricing on something to compensate for that purchase.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW no replies?

Eastlink subs got to be the most complacent of all, it's no wonder Eastlink does nothing to inform there subs cause most just do not care one way or another.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my bill is the same, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over 2 buck or so.
And here lies the issue, as long as they got subs like you they will continue to gouge us.

I took a look at my most recent bill but nothing there.. I can't wait for Fibre OP to show up...
A guy on twitter from Halifax posted that he's got FibreOP being installed this week so it sounds like it has launched now in Halifax.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
You're accusations are pretty out there and frankly I think you are wrong.

Eastlink like every cable company raises prices this time every year and typically they all give users advance notice.

See last year

The price increase last year was effective July 1st and subs were told about 30 days ahead of time.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Hugh , this is a totally different increase Hugh and we have not been informed at all about this, not yet anyway.

Also I fully understand that operators raise rates on a yearly basis but when they are raising rates 2-3 times a year then we have a problem.

With the upgrades and company purchases Eastlink makes how else are they going to recoup there money other than hit there subs with more rate increases then usual so I stand by my claims in post #1. The subs are always the ones who pay for any type of spending their providers do.

We sit here in Halifax having 18 HD channels missing from our line up and it's been like this for almost a whole year now with nothing done about it,no answers as to when this will be fixed, I have a right to be angry and criticize.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a very rude conversation with an EastLink rep that was going door to door.He asked what service provider I had and I told him that EastLink was Persona Non Gratia in my residence because of Persona's(EastLink Sudbury) treatment of me in the past. I dont trust them at all because of their billing practices.

·
Registered
671 Posts
And here lies the issue, as long as they got subs like you they will continue to gouge us.

A guy on twitter from Halifax posted that he's got FibreOP being installed this week so it sounds like it has launched now in Halifax.
Certain areas such as Fairview are test areas and already have it. I'm hoping it will hit my neighbourhood ASAP.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
@Hugh , this is a totally different increase Hugh and we have not been informed at all about this, not yet anyway.
Have you received an invoice with the price increase on it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I haven't heard anything about them raising the rates for basic HD, I looked at the website too and sure enough it does now say $6.95/mth. I did not receive my bill as of yet but it should be out anytime now. Usually they send the bills out the 10th of each month so we shall see what the charges are and if in fact there is a note on it about the increase but me being in Halifax and not having all the HD channels available to me because of lack of space to add them here in Halifax this has me very mad.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Or maybe this is just Eastlink's way to get back at Jimbo for raising all those valid issues with them. Charging him for being the "heaviest user" of their (lack of) support.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah got my bill also and it is still $4.95 but the fact is that they have increased the price of the basic HD package on there website to $6.95 so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they inform us that this will take effect to current subs and if/when that happens and they have not fixed the Halifax HD situation then I will be having quite a heated chat with them when I call them to confront them about it. They better not raise the rates to Halifax subs until they get Halifax fixed period.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My parents in Sackville are now paying $6.95 for HD. The customer service rep said the price was in effect as of May 10. They did not receive prior notice.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
See I was right, they did not plan on telling anyone about this price increase . Ed_Hitchens has just confirmed this. Now it is possible that their only raising the rates on areas that have "ALL" of the HD channels. I got my May bill on the 12th and there was no increase yet, I have not received any notice in any way,shape or form that rates will go up so we shall see what happens down the road but are they not suppose to inform customers of any rate increases ahead of time?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts