Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to de-clutter the Channel Discussion threads from previous years, only post here if a new channel announcement or old channel deletion has been:

1. Posted on the EastLink's website, Facebook page or Twitter feed or on their forums.
2. Been announced through a Press release.
3. Shows up on the dial.
4. Or if a statement is issued on your cable bill.

All commenting and discussions need to be made in the EastLink Channel Discussion Thread:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=227274

Not following the rules will result in your post being deleted... not moved.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I see three additional French HD channels. Since I don't speak French, someone with more knowledge might be able to fill in more details about them.

786 Yoopa. Seems to be children's programming
787 Casa. Could be similar to the English HGTV
798 Moi Cie. No idea what this is

All channels are in the clear for now.

With a lot of channels of different categories all jumbled together, a channel reorganization is long overdue. Perhaps either the 900s, or even 1000s, could be used to get that job done.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
MOI&cie airs lifestyle and entertainment programming aimed at women
from Wikipedia's article on the channel.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Crave TV is now present in the On Demad section for Eastlink set top boxes. I cannot tell from the listings whether content is in HD. There are over 10,000 titles available.

(Although not actually a "new channel", in my opinion this is an addition to the Eastlink lineup on TV, hence my reason for posting this information here.)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sometime last week, Disney Channel HD was added on channel 752. Free preview. I cannot recall if this is a rebrand of something else or an entirely new channel. (can't remember if there was anything on channel 752 before)

There is also another "mystery channel" on channel 735. Since it is not authorized, and not identified in the Maestro guide, I have no idea what it is, or even if it is a new channel at all. Possibly, someone with a Motorola box may have some insights as to whether there is anything there.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
David, 735 was GolTV before it shut down on August 31st, IIRC. Strangely, it still sits our guide here too with "Off Air". They haven't taken NHLtv out in the SD channels either. I don't recall there being a 752 when we had their service.

·
Super Moderator
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New HD Channels:
503 - CKCK CTV Regina
504 - CTV Winnipeg
505 - CTV Montreal
506 - CTV Calgary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts