Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a digital box and notice that Rogers have a new type of menu for the last few months. My billing this month contained 3 theme packs that I didn't order. I was curious how this could happen so I tried to access a channel that I didn't subscribe. Apprently just by having the ability to press A, we can subscribe to any channel. PIN was not asked during the process
This is crazy because I have two children at home. They can at anytime order anything. This is including a guest to our house. :mad:
I called Rogers Customer Service and up until now they have put me on hold for 45mnts. Are there so many problem with Rogers?:rolleyes:
I hope there's a Rogers rep in this forum. I want to tell them that if they don't change how the menu works, I'm going to give up Rogers at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just finished talking to Customer Service and seemed that she had no idea of the problem. She transferred my call to Tech Support and also the TS didn't know about this problem. :mad:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
i think and belive the whole introduction of the QSG (Quick Start Guide) is a big mess from the beginning. They introduced it and had so many complaints, they probaly scrambled so fast to try to take care the guide order problem they may have overlooked many things like adding a pin to protect you from ordering packages unknowingly. I think they should have built a new ipg guide from the beginning, or they should have some partnership with Cisco/Scientific Atlantic who developed the IPG from the beginning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PFD: I assumed the same but apparently not. Told the CS and TS to try but they don't have one handy :). Probably if this thing didn't happen, I would still assume the PIN was needed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Noticed this today for the first time while I was on the phone trying to order TMN. I also assumed I would have had to put in my PIN. Good to know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im sure it just requires a software update. If the rogers hasn't spotted this glitch yet, then everyone should be calling to notify them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts