Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

I have a Dynex 32" TV. I have it hooked up to Bell Express Vu and a DVD Player. Recently I put in a dvd and when I looked at the picture it was in Black and White and it is not very clear. I have tried everything possible and it will not show my DVD's in color. When I turn it back to the tv it shows fine.

Please Help if you can.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
AV2 is not a type of cable. We need to know what kind of cable you used to connect the DVD Player to your TV.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My guess is he's connected one of the three component cables.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
^^^^
There are two types of connections using RCA cables. Composite video uses a single cable that carries the entire signal. Component video uses three cables for red, green & blue. The green cables also carry the sync signals. Also, most of the video info is in the green signal, as that's what your eyes are most sensitive to and is used to create the monochrome signal. If you connect to only one of the three component inputs, you won't get proper colours. Also, some DVD players also support S-Video and may have a switch for selecting S-Video or composite. If you use the wrong switch position, you may not get the proper colours. What model DVD player do you have?

·
Registered
699 Posts
is the DVD player connected straight to the tv? If it is hooked up to any recording capable device it will distort the picture due to DRM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts