1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
It is impressive considering the Sony model costs $1,500 at FutureShop. But even then, that might not be enough to persuade that many people to take the 3DTV plunge.

Along with its 3D capabilities, I'm also interested in finding out about its audio capabilities. There are so many expensive camcorders out there with bad sound, it's downright ridiculous. If DXG gets this right along with providing decent image quality, they could very well be a winner.

I wonder if DXG would be willing to send me a review unit?

EDIT: Okay, I just saw what they use as image sensors. It's the same type of devices used in pocket video cameras and mobile phones. Fixed focus only, no digital zoom capabilities in 3D, and no optical zoom capabilities whatsoever.

However, based on my experience with the Kodak Zx3 pocket video camera, those image sensors aren't that bad, and are getting better all the time. Sure, the camera might be missing a few gadgets, but that's just fewer things that can go wrong in this camera. It might even force you to actually be creative for a change. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts