Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like an update happened overnight on the DVR side of things. Now available are "Folders", DVR CleanUp, DVR History and DVR Setup. Also found improved search feature which now let you search with more than just the Title.

That's all I could tell at quick glance.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the ability to recover a deleted show within a certain period of time and space. There have been a few time when the show has been deleted in error.

Haven't tried it yet though!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mistake...it looks like (DVR History) is just a listing of deleted shows showing when they were deleted. I don't know for what purpose that would be good for. Originally I thought I could recover a show but that's not the case. It would be a good feature to have.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can I find the new options like DVR History, Folders, DVR Setup etc? I cannot locate any of the new functions.
Bring up the main Menu. Select DVR and you will see DVR Clean Up, DVR History, DVR Setup down the right side with My Recordings, Future Recordings, Set a recording & Series Recording down the left side.

If you just see My Recordings, Future Recordings, Set a recording & Series Recordings, maybe your box hasn't been updated. I have the 6416 III

·
Registered
320 Posts
There also appears to be a feature that, should you select an SD channel that you receive in HD, gives you the ability to go to the HD channel with one click. Your cursor positions itself over an option that says "Watch in HD".
Nice

·
Registered
113 Posts
Still no changes for me to DVR Menu and FF not working properly, even after update. Just talked to Tech Support - the guy told me there have been no changes such what has been discussed here (adding Folders, DVR Cleanup etc). He asked me where I heard about this and I said on a Novus forum. He said, oh they're just users. I pressed him further so he said he will email higher ups to ask about changes.

Hmmmm....

·
Registered
31 Posts
The firmware update was only for the Motorola digital boxes. We are waiting for Pace to release a new firmware to us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts