Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I am back for some DHC expertise! I haven't posted in a while so i hope i got this in the right forum.

i just got an ONKYO TX-NR808. Everything is great. But one issue. If i hook my STB (motorola DCT6400) via DVI out to HDMI input on the AVR and then i am using the video switching on the AVR to go HDMI out to the HDMI input on the TV (Samsung HLS42) I get an error message on the TV saying that I need to optimize my settings to YCbCr to display the picture. I do get a transient picture but it flickers and then goes blank within a few seconds.

So i dont know to change the settings? I have the AVR HDMI set as "through" so the signal goes directly to the TV without getting adjusted. I looked in the Motorola set up page within the box and there didnt seem to an option to change the RGB/YCbCr setting.

If i hook up the STB directly to the TV via DVIout to HDMI in there is no issue.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Don't know if you got this solved...

but my friend has this TV & we discovered

Quote: "I do not believe that the HLS models are designed to accept 1080p over HDMI there is a chart in the PC chapter of your user manual that says what resolutions it will accept over what interfaces."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts