Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
My 8010HD rebooted yesterday. I quick check reveiled SARA release 1.88.12.2. Don't know if anything new or if DVI is working better. I'll check this evening.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
stx said:
My 8010HD rebooted yesterday. I quick check reveiled SARA release 1.88.12.2. Don't know if anything new or if DVI is working better. I'll check this evening.

Anyone else noticed this?
After making the DVI connection, if you have a Toshiba HDTV, please go to:

http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32733

and tell us.

If you have another make of TV, please reply here stating the make of TV and confirm your TV input is DVI and not HDMI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Qc City

My (8000) DVI connection failed today, when I turned on the TV (Dell42 plasma); ... everything was OK the nightbefore (with the "upconvert2" ou the "fixe" option on the "long setting menu");
The cable box was not able to recognise the TV (the "DHCP" ... thing again, DVI output blocked, TV not DHCP compatible !!!).
But after having tried some other options (upconvert1, autoDVI ...), I got back to upconvert2, and everything start to work as it was the day before...), .... with the same setting the day before !!!

About those setting (long menu)
upconvert 1: wrong image format: image stretched a (Horizontal distorsion)
Upconvert 2: image, size, Ok in all channel (16X9 or 4X3, auto.)
Fixe: must select 720p or 1080i to get the right image size
Auto DVI: sometime, it's working well, most of the time, not

I getting a little bit tired... about those "ideal connection" that are soo complicated, and failed soo often..

Dyno

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just checked and the update from 1.88.11.2 to 1.88.12.2 didn't fix any DVI issue with my Toshiba 34HFX83.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes I participated! I wonder why Videotron sent an update since nothing is new. Videotron should publish release notes!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
stx said:
Yes I participated! I wonder why Videotron sent an update since nothing is new. Videotron should publish release notes!
My present software details on page 17 are:

ROM IMAGE = 1.88.11.2
OS = 6.12.63.1
SARA = 1.88.11.2
POWERKEY LIB = 3.7.5.3
HAL2 DRIVER = 1.3.23.1
ATI DRIVER = 2.1.14.112
PHAL3 DRIVER = 3.5.11.2

Can you tell me which are different for your 1.88.12.2 and the date stated fror such differences?

·
Registered
121 Posts
ROM IMAGE = 1.88.12.2
OS = 6.12.66.1
SARA = 1.88.12.2
POWERKEY LIB = 3.7.5.4
HAL2 DRIVER = 1.3.25.1
ATI DRIVER = 2.1.14.113
PHAL3 DRIVER = 3.5.11.3

ROM and SARA are dated 9/15/05. Other components are dated 9/9/05.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just saw this update about the DVI port last night, so I gave it a try.

It works just fine with my setup. All settings are available (Up1, Up2, Auto). I find that Upconvert2 is giving me the best image for all SD and HD channels. After almost 2 years, I finally get a *real* digital image from my SA box! :cool:

I think I will activate the extra HD channel package now that the box automatically adjusts the image format with the DVI connection. :D

Thanks for the update you all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone find the solution to this??

HI

After ten's of test with videotron my front projector Sharp DT-400 does not handshack with my 8000PVR trough DVI.

IT work perfectly with my denon dvd player trough dvi.

Videotron are out of solution and don't seems to want to go further with this issue. At the price that I paid that machine I want one 100% functionnal with every output I would like to use.

I read in the toshiba post that the HDCP version is important so I sent an email to sharp to ask about that. I'll keep you posted but if any of you find the answer..please let me know

Thanks

·
Registered
785 Posts
stephrich1 said:
HI

After ten's of test with videotron my front projector Sharp DT-400 does not handshack with my 8000PVR trough DVI.
I'd suggest you run the 8000HD's setup wizard through component out and check the HD mode(s) that your projector supports, don't forget to select the desired picture mode (Pass-thru or Upconvert1/2 should do). Then try connecting the projector and the STB using DVI cable. Turn the projector on first and then the STB. I remember having a bit of a difficulty using DVI out of 8000HD prior to configuring it this way... Oh yeah, don't forget to disconnect the component out of the STB when you're using DVI out. But then again, I'm with Rogers, not Videotron ;)

I also hope your projector's DVI input is HDCP-compliant, 'cause if not you may be out of luck...

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Testikoff,

Regarding your post tell us you have a working DVI, please advise the make and model of your TV.

·
Registered
785 Posts
mfabien said:
Testikoff,

Regarding your post tell us you have a working DVI, please advise the make and model of your TV.
I did have it working with both TV's digital video inputs: DVI & HDMI (have already returned the 8000HD unit back to Rogers though; using 8300HD currently). The HDTV is Samsung LT-P326W.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
testikoff said:
I did have it working with both TV's digital video inputs: DVI & HDMI (have already returned the 8000HD unit back to Rogers though; using 8300HD currently). The HDTV is Samsung LT-P326W.
Since your Plasma has both HDMI and DVI, it stands to reason that your HDCP is version 1.1 which was introduced in June 2003 (HDMI was introduced with version 1.1 of HDCP).

Our problem is with HDTVs that have a DVI input as the only digital input and the HDCP version is 1.0.

Thanks for your comments but your case does not apply and, more importantly, does not resolve our HDCP handshake problem.

·
Registered
785 Posts
mfabien said:
Since your Plasma has both HDMI and DVI, it stands to reason that your HDCP is version 1.1 which was introduced in June 2003 (HDMI was introduced with version 1.1 of HDCP).

Our problem is with HDTVs that have a DVI input as the only digital input and the HDCP version is 1.0.
My TV is actualy an LCD flat panel, not a plasma ;)
Not sure if my TV's DVI/HDCP input specs somehow are dependant on its HDMI input specs though (considering that DVI is a legacy digital video interface). All I can say, using DVI output on 8000HD was a bit tricky, but it worked after all (at least for me).

·
Super Moderator
56,394 Posts
stephrich1 said:
I want one 100% functionnal with every output I would like to use.
So would all of us, however, the functionality is limited by the firmware (for example firewire is not active). Also no Service provider officially supports DVI or HDMI. They only officially support component video because it works on all TVs.

There are simply too many variables for them to support HDMI/DVI officially. You may wish to continue to debug yourself. I'm actually surprised they spent as much time as they did.

Most cable companies simply say. We support CV...

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Also no Service provider officially supports DVI or HDMI. They only officially support component video because it works on all TVs. "

Sorry but I cannot disagree more with you on this . If you don't support it don't sale it or at least let the people know before they buy and don't let them find out when they tried using it.

Hopefully they will find a solution. I invest ten's of thousand in my theater and want to use what's is best in my electronics component. So the DVI output shoud work with every HDCP compliant component no matter what as long as it is....

·
Super Moderator
56,394 Posts
You may disagree, but it will not change the service providers' policy.

They sell/rent lots of stuff that doesn't have various things "working".

There are IR ports, there are card slots, there are USB connections, there are firewire ports, etc. There were even "record to VCR" and SATA functions (on the SA8300HD) that were not originally enabled.

I hope you find a solution too, but the service provider doesn't have to help you find that solution, since component video works fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
SA8000HD still not working

Well i have te Hitachi 51 UWX20B and as of last night the dvi connection is still not working i get an error saying that the dvi/hdmi output is blocked Videotron does not know wat is wrong and told me that it must be the dvi cable. I had a DVI-D cable tried a DVI-I cable still the same. Called Hitachi the tech needs to verify with head office which dhcp version i have and get back to me but he says that Scientific Atlanta has some sort of special menu that can be access and tat maybe something in that menu needs to be activated

If someone has a clue or a fix to that problem i would appreciate

Alain

141 - 160 of 165 Posts