Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What films would you like to see on disc, that are currently unavailable? For brevity, lets leave TV shows out of it for now. Made-for-tv movies are okay though, because I loved them during the 70s. :p

I'll start.

Black Noon
Spectre
Killdozer
Dr. Strange

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny that it's not. Both Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang and The Sound of Music are... Different studios though.

That's Disney for ya, eh? 45th anniversay of the film, and the best they can come up with is a two dvd "special edition". What's so "special" about it, you might ask? Well, it'll sell out, and then you can buy it all over again when they actually do put it out on BD. Now, isn't that special? :rolleyes:

Oh, I have another one to add to my wishlist:

The Legend of Lizzie Borden, w/ Elizabeth Montgomery.

PS. I just hate to break my own rules, but why didn't anyone tell me that She-Wolf of London/Love and Curses had miraculously been released on DVD?! I'm going to do a Snoopy dance if this keeps up! :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Pure Country (89% on the Tomatometer!)

Streets of Fire. I have this one on HD-DVD, but a remastered version on Blu-Ray would be great.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Streets of Fire was a great movie...

I'd like to see Elton John - One Night Only on Blu ray...

I know he has a couple out there but this one has far better songs and the band was bang on for this show...as was the camera guys (perhaps that was the editing...but it is my fav concert video).

·
Registered
806 Posts
" The Big Lebowski ", hopefully with a new BD transfer. Jeff Bridges and the Coen Brothers are quite popular right now, so Universal should be working on this.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Being a Madonna fan

Virgin Tour Live
Blond Ambition Tour Live
I can do without the Reinvention, that one's a little too "odd" for me :p but the other two would be great, along with the Confessions Tour on blu-ray.

The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert would be awesome on blu-ray, and I want all the new seasons of Family Guy and American Dad to be on blu as well.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Being a Madonna fan

Virgin Tour Live
Blond Ambition Tour Live
Don't forget the Mitsubishi Special (Live in Japan).

I also want Michael Jackson Visions to be released on BD (I know, some of the masters are on video, but much lesse compression on BD with PCM audio is a good thing)

Gloria Estefan: every laserdisc release to be re-released on BD
Janet Jackson music videos, heck... bring back the '80s. Including Kylie Minogue's during her PWL years!

of course I also want:
Mind Hunters
Driving Miss Daisy
The Tannenbaums
Jackie Chan's Police Story 1/2/3
House on Haunted Hill (remake)
The Grudge (US remake - preferably with bonus original Japanese version included)
Schindler's List
Joe's Apartment.
That Thing You Do
Judge Dredd
Demolition Man
and about 500 more titles (in BD form) from my 2000+ DVD collection, especially the concerts and music videos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts