Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tape Sesame Street each day for my daughter, and for some reason yesterday's show taped with a Descriptive Video feed. Any idea how that could happen? The descriptive video wasn't playing when I checked the channel last night (though the presentation was mostly music and may not haveneeded one.)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I noticed about a week or so ago, quite a few shows with DV in the Title, they were just in the normal channel range too, not down in the double digits, where the DV Channels are.

I watch a show with DV in the title but it was normal, no Descriptive Video at all, I just put it down to a glitch at Bell's Guide Population department....

·
Registered
90 Posts
We had the same issue with "the Cat in the hat" yesterday on our BellAliant FibreOp PBSHD East signal. I think the problem may have been at the source. The signal seemed to include both English, Spanish and a DV Feed it was completely impossible to listen. We recorded it on the SD Feed today and will see how it goes but even the kids prefer the HD!!!

When I switched to that channel live there was a "technical difficulties from broadcaster" message displayed but it didn't last very long but could have been enough to clear the problem.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
DV- Now added to program info.

Yes, I also noticed the DV- prefix for the channels that carry those programs.
CTV Winnipeg carries DV, and a few months ago for a few minutes one of the CSI series shows started with the descriptive video, then after a commercial came back without it.
I don't know whether that situation was caused by Bell or CTV, but I would suggest checking Alternate Audio in the menu guide and ensure it is on English or your language of choice.

Just a note; if you record a program with a Bell PVR, you can change the settings in the alternate audio to have it play back in the audio of your choice. Like the Fire channel, record it with music, then play it back with Alternate Audio selected, and you only have the sound of the crackling fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts