Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do so yet? It's pretty bad that in this era (late 2010) there is no AMC HD, how could Rogers people even wake up in the morning and provide such service, no AMC HD. That's gotta be a joke.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
If that's the only channel you are missing, think about us in Atlantic. We are almost 20 HD channels behind you guys. :eek:

To top it all, we have ROD minus HD programming. Yet we pay the same as Ontario. ;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
AMC HD IS not on rogers yet, but the SD version is available . It should be added shortly

·
Registered
694 Posts
Don't feel bad, my provider Eastlink has absolutely no on demand HD content at all except for PPV HD on demand but I would love some free HD content like TMN, SC etc...

·
Registered
60 Posts
The lack of AMC HD on Rogers really angers me.

It's available in Canada, Bell carries it, but Rogers doesn't and won't tell us why.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Yes, Rogers is certainly stuck in 1998... Back then they had a robust VOD service, they had dual-tuner PVRs, dozens and dozens of HD channels, Rogers on Demand Online, 50 Mbps Internet... 1998 was absolutely great.

·
Registered
455 Posts
No AMC HD is really a puzzle with Rogers. I believe they have Mad Men in HD on the on demand service for free. So clearly they have some arrangement with AMC. Why they don't have the HD channel in the lineup is, as I said, a real puzzle.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Actually they use to have AMC's series in HD on the on-demand but not anymore, just in SD. I'm guessing they don't have AMC HD because their is some negotiation issue that Rogers may not like. Supposedly not much HD stuff anyways on AMC, just stretched. I'm sure we'll see it at some point.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
AMC HD actually has quite a bit of HD content these days. There is quite a few providers that are having negotiation issues with AMC HD. Rogers, Cogeco and Source Cable. They all have AMC SD but not HD. I'm assuming AMC-HD wants to be in every HD package similar to HDNet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was annoyed by this about a year ago. Now, its just ridiculous. This is why people turn to downloading.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
It's an interesting conundrum. bigoranget you are correct. Maken, you're also right.. But what happens when everyone downloads it? The content maker has to get paid at some point. Hopefully the pressure from people turning away from providers results in a bit more reasonable requests from the channels and more reasonable pricing in the end.

·
Super Moderator
5,074 Posts
I'm not a Rogers customers, but I'm shocked by this nonetheless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.