Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 5900 and 4100. I want to purchase a dual tuner receiver to have access to two tvs in different rooms. I want to keep my existing 5900 and 4100 however want to access two other TVs with one dual tuner receiver. ( 4 tvs = 3 receivers )
What equipment am i looking at? I currently have two independant feeds from my 91 LNB into a SW44.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Well firstly to get a Dual Tuner Receiver that actually outputs to 2TV's like you want you will have to buy a Used Receiver, Bell's current Dual Tuner does NOT feed 2 TV's.

The options are a 3200 SD Dual Tuner, 5200 SD PVR Dual Tuner, the 9200/9242, HD Dual Tuner Receivers.

For cabling, you would need 2 lines from the remaining outputs of the SW44 to the Dual Tuner Receiver and 1 line from the Dual Tuner Receiver to the 2nd TV location.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I find a 3200 and hook it up as you state, how is the the tv without the receiver accessed independently ?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Via a UHF Remote and as I stated above, a line from the Dual Tuner Receiver to the 2nd TV location.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for helping me out Pinza...
so from my switch ( which I have two lines in from 91 coming in from outside ), I will have one going to my 3100, one going to my 5900 and two going to my dual tuner. From the dual tuner, i send one line out to the 4th TV ? No other possibility ? I presently have two lines going to the room where I want to put the dual tuner. I would now have to run another line to the 4th set from the dual tuner...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Not unless you want a receiver in each of the 2 new locations.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Lots of posts deleted and an infraction issued.

Digital Home has a zero tolerance regarding flames and insulting other members. If you have a problem, then report it using the bad post feature and let a moderator deal with it otherwise you will be issued an infraction and potentially have your account de-activated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.