Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 630 pvr receiver to use along with my 2 other single tuner receivers. I know that I need two inputs for the 630 but I only have a dual LNB eliptical dish. I am wondering if I can use a multiswitch to create more inputs or do I have to have my dish upgraded to a Quad LNB? Any input appreciated!

·
Registered
174 Posts
You probably already have a 2x2 switch in the line between the LNB and the receivers. Just replace that with a 2x4, a 4x8, or a 5x8. There's lots of information in these threads about multiswitches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jimbo54 and MSM. I do have a 2x2 multiswitch currently that has the 22khz and a 0khz input. I have been reading all of the threads on the multiswitch (a lot of useful information here!) I went to purchase a multiswitch today but the satellite shop said a 4x8 would not work as I need all 4 inputs to make it work. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Any DirecTV capable 4X8, 5X8, 4X16, etc 22Hz switch will work. Take off the 2X2 switch at the dish and install the DTV capable switch inside if possible.

Zinwell 22 kz switches work well with SD and are available at good prices on auction sites.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Webber:

On a 4 or 5 X whatever 22 khz switch

Just hook up your Sat A (107.3) output directly to the low voltage input of either "Sat A" or "Sat 1" - labelling depends on brand

Sat B (111.1) outputs hooks up directly to low voltage input of either "Sat B" or "Sat 2"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts