Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have read all kinds of posts and experimented with the settings on the 505 but can't seem to figure out what is right or best for me. I have both HD & SD content obviously. Some issues I've found are HD channels being cut off.... solved thanks to you guys with the aspect button changing to normal. I've been viewing in zoom for over a year probably...DUH!!

I have a 1080p TV. So would it be best to set the 4:3 override to off and on the front panel select 0000 for native resolution? I assume this lets the TV do all the upscaling? Or should I set the front panel to 1080i?

I haven't quite figured it out but noticed depending on the settings some channels show up 4:3, some HD commercials revert to 4:3 and even the guide goes all screwy until (i think) the TV figures it out and refreshes it in full screen? (I'm using dot by dot on the TV) Found auto screen size jumps around too much and is distracting (esp on HD).

Can you please help me with what provides the best picture for both SD & HD programming. I'm hoping it's one setting so I don;t have to flip back and forth but if it helps PQ I'll deal with it. Thank you. Cheers!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just set it to 1080 and 4:3 override off. As you noticed otherwise the guide gets wonky and on some TVs the change in resolution causes a blank screen for a few seconds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts