Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded from a DSR-315 to DSR-319.

Please explain this one to me:

Recently I was experimenting with the timer function on the new unit. I set the unit to turn on at a given hour and then turn off 5 minutes later. The unit did, in fact, come on to the prescribed channel and turned off 5 minutes later as expected.

When I then turned the unit on with the remote, the satellite light was red and stayed red :eek: , yet I had a picture and sound on the channel, and everything else appeared normal. The light remained red indefinitiely. In other words, the satellite light indicated "no signal" but the TV showed picture & sound as normal.

I then turned the unit off and on again, and the usual startup situation occured: red then green, red and then green as it aquires signal from each satellite. Then constant green as normal.

24 hours later, the same sequence occurred with the same red light.

I then deleted the timer, and now the unit powers up normally as expected.

Why does the satellite indicator show constant red after a timer operation is complete? :confused:

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks for your help......

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Yes I have seen this. If you change channels the red light goes away. Change back to original channel which was on time and the light will remain green. Some sort of bug I would say post timer. I just live with or if it annoys me I will change the channel and go back if that is the channel I want.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply....

If you change channels the red light goes away
Yes, I noticed this, too. The timer was set on an Anik F2 channel, so I immediately changed to an Anik F1R channel to see what would happen, and, as you stated, it corrected itself.

This phenomenon did not occur with the DSR-315, so it scairt the **** outta me to see a red light and picture/sound at the same time.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts