Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I have a SC/SD DSR-319, and I have been having trouble setting my guide up the way that I want it.

I know how to "Modify" my favorites, and save them. What I want to do is, for the channels that I don't get, I don't want them to come up on the guide. That's no problem...the problem I have, is when I press up/down on the channel button, it still goes through the channels as if I have them all on my guide.

i.e. I get ch. 581 - MuchMoreMusic, if I press Channel - Up on my remote, it goes to ch. 582 - BET, which I don't get, and BET doesn't show up on my guide.

I don't know if this is clearly explained...but if you understand, is there a way to stop my receiver from going through all the channels, that I'm not subscribed to?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
There is no fix for this, unless you always go to the guide to avoid seeing the blocked out channels. Up/down will always go to the next channel even though you blocked it out in youre favourites. With the new 605/630 receivers this is suppose to fixed, it would be nice if some can confirm this though.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
This has been an issue literally forever. My old Navigo 405 did this too. It isn't a bug, rather an oversight, that to my knowledge, came from the original GI/Motorola base code.
I believe the 630 rectifies this issue, but I don't have mine yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, that sucks...I was hoping there was a 'fix' or something i was doing wrong...

oh well, thanks for replying peeps.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
It would seem to me that one would "surf" the guide while viewing one channel. After all, that's the reason there is picture-in-guide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts