Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I would suggest going in and clearing out the "PVR History" for that specific show. Sadly there is no "bulk delete" option, but it fixed exactly the same problem that I was having recording Oprah for my wife.
I was just going to suggest the same thing. Sometimes if you say "Don't record this program" and it had a generic listing (IE: House: A coookey doctor uses unusualy means to diagnose patients) then any future episode would potentially not record as you told it to not record in the past and it will remeber that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried that before, the last time my season passes went wonky, but I can't remember if that made a difference. I didn't try it this time.

Really, why I should have to care about the program history at all? If I want the system to no longer record a show I'll delete the timer!

It seems a little retarded for a PVR to decide that because I manually skipped a few episodes (say because I was on vacation) that I "obviously" no longer want to record it ever - even when I delete the timer and re-create it.

I'll stick with the recurring manual recording work-around for now, hoping that Shaw copies Bell's menu software functionality at some point...

·
Registered
956 Posts
I agree.

I couldn't figure out why it stopped recording Oprah for my wife. All the settings seemed to be telling it to record, but the PVR history said either it was cancelled due to a setting by the user or the system...

Once I cleared out the history it has been fine for the last couple of weeks.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts