Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 6 month suspend is up so i called to cancel my services with SD and stay with telus sat; they over me to trade in my 530 for a 630 so i accepted it. but i dont know if i wana switch back ive been reading nothing but probs with the 630
anyone have any input on this? is the new 630 really any better then the belus PVR? (9241)

·
Registered
647 Posts
If the feature sets are similar and for the most part, they are as best I can tell, then chose the one with the better track record.
That sounds like the Belus box

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Is it better than the 9241? No, not really. I've had my 630 now for 2 months and I have no horror stories to report. I had one botched recording, and a handful of soft resets, other than that it's been smooth sailing.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Interesting, I actually left Shaw, COMPLETELY, both CABLE and SATELLITE over the HD audio dropouts.

Watch >99% on Belus HD and yes, some audio dropouts, but hardly an issue for me anyways.

As with most things there will always be exceptions to the rule, AKA Your Mileage May Vary.

But the 9241 has some maturity behind it and developed by a much better manufacturer.

I just don't see the Moto/SD catching up anytime soon, if ever.

Unfortunately, a sat TV service is in 2 parts, the Uplink and the Set top.

If only we could mix and match....

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The audio drops seem to have been rectified. It's been a long time since I've noticed it. There's probably been the odd glitch, but nothing like when I think back to the summer of 2007.
I have nothing against the 9241, it's just the attitude I always get from Bell and many of its employees that really angers me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts