Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this interesting... CBC (HNIC) will be doing a trade deadline show this year on CBC Bold... but Grapes won't be there... rather he is going to be at Sportsnet Radio...

HockeyCentral @ Noon with Greg Brady and former NHL Executive Doug MacLean will discuss which teams are still trying to get something done before the 3pm deadline hits. The duo will be joined by none other than the most dominant hockey personality in the country, Don Cherry, who will give his thoughts on the latest NHL moves.
Finally, Don Cherry and Brian Williams wrap up the day with a special edition of Coast 2 Coast Live from 9pm to 11pm, where Grapes will offer his thoughts on who the winners and the losers of the day were while taking phone calls from listeners across the country.
http://www.fan590.com/more.jsp?content=20110225_134703_15412

Now I guess technically he could do a bit of both, as it looks as if Doug MacLean will disappear from Sportsnet's TV coverage at noon-1pm to go over to radio, but still found it to be an interesting decision. He is the only of the HNIC regulars who isn't listed on the CBC website...

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
MacLean and Cherry never to the Trade Deadline special. I am a bit (although not entirely) surprised that he is appearing on the Fan 590 tomorrow though.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I don't know how much "Content" Don will really provide for them, but I guess its something that Rogers can use to pull the odd listener away from TSN for a time..

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MacLean and Cherry never to the Trade Deadline special. I am a bit (although not entirely) surprised that he is appearing on the Fan 590 tomorrow though.
I thought this was the first year CBC was doing a trade deadline TV show..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts