Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Telus is a huge sponsor for the BC Boys Highschool basketball tournament. The final is tonight at 8pm and I wonder if Telus will broadcast this on any channel?

Not sure where to get info? I would like to believe they will show it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you asking about a full blown community access channel similiar to Shaw Cable,complete with mobile production facilities, the answer is... sort of. TELUS has a community channel that consists entirely of 'talking-head ' interviews that are shot with one camera and then edited and packaged for broadcast. The channel is staffed with the recently dismissed Vancouver CITY TV's on-air personnel from Breakfast Television Dave Geary/Tasha Chu/Simi Sara. I doubt that TELUS will ever set up a channel similiar to Shaw,because it not a condition of license.

You have actually struck a cord your question,because when TELUS was trialing TELUS TV in the late 1990's I was Manager of Programming for the community access channel in Edmonton. There is a huge potential for TELUS to provide ' gavel to gavel' coverage of events that they sponsor as a corporation.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) I guess I will have to watch via internet feed if I so decide. It would be much better viewing on TV but oh well :) maybe in the future

1 - 4 of 4 Posts