Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Can anyone confirm if Shaw is going to carry the 3d Game on HNIC on Dec 11?

The article confirms Bell, Telus, and SHAW Direct, have channels but no mention of Shaw Cable.
Shaw will probably have a "conversation" with their subscribers to gauge the level of interest and then work on this "challenge" and have a solution ready some time early in the new year...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the Guide and there is nothing listed for 300 or 301...

Even though its the Leafs playing its a major disappointment if Shaw doesn't add this...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The info that i received last week that Shaw would not have the Dec 11th game in 3D however the game later in the year will be available in 3D.
This was the info i received last Friday so unless something changes I would not expect the game this weekend in 3D.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If anyone wants to compare to other providers, or use the information to justify a complaint to Shaw regarding the lack of availability of the broadcast, TELUS has had the 3D channel allocated for a number of months now, and the game is listed in the guide, so they have had the channel ready to go proactively rather than on a reactionary basis as new events are announced.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Confirmed again today that this Saturday's game will not be in 3D. Shaw wants to use MPEG 4 technology for the delivery of the signal and unfortunately that is not available for this weekend's game. The good news is that things look promising that everything will be in place for the Heritage Classic games on Jan. 1 and Feb. 20.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Shaw will probably have a "conversation" with their subscribers to gauge the level of interest and then work on this "challenge" and have a solution ready some time early in the new year...
Wow, sometimes sarcastic comments can be prophetic...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.