Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently with bell and puchased a hd pvr 3 years ago. Ive gone through 3 receivers since at an attempted charge of 180 dollars per cut. Does shaw back up their equip like one of their sales reps tells me. Any shaw feed back would help. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I believe that with Bell you get a 1 year warranty on equipment? (correct if wrong).
With Shaw you get a standard 3 year warranty, if you subscribe as a triple play customer for all 3 services you get a lifetime warranty on all purchased equipment. On some specific equipment you can part exchange and upgrade to a higher level, eg HD Terminal for HDPVR to receive a discount off the higher piece you may be after. If you own equipment and move out of the Shaw service area Shaw will buy it back at a reduced rate regardless how long you have owned it.

If you have an issue with your equipment and someone needs to come out to check it out it would typically be a free call and it found defunct would be replaced by same, similar or better piece of equipment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanx fer the help

The missus and I have discussed that shaw may be the way to go. For one the support and that I dont have to mail any hardware. Im just a 10 minute drive to a shaw depot. I get to talk to a person face to face. Not a programmed cue card reading csr

·
Registered
462 Posts
i purchased a moto hd pvr that i was renting for a good price. shortly after the hdmi stopped working. I requested a replacement and told them i must have a Motorola box (as the pace has some issues). Shaw replaced it with the exact same model. my understanding is you get a 3 year warranty but if your a tripple play customer you get even more warranty. there is a thread on here about that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have always been told, that as long as you're a Shaw customer they'll take care of the cable boxes or modems if there's a problem. I'm only a TV/Internet customer and have had HDPVR boxes replaced beyond the 3 years quoted above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts