1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Are you sure? Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I find this unlikely, I spoke with a CTV rep last week and he indicated they were expanding their VOD partnership with Rogers.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Rogers over promise and under deliver? Say it ain't so Joe!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Where does the fault lie? Bell(CTV) or Rogers?
Rogers should not advertise "all your favorite shows" on ROD if it does not include CTV!
I would think the request had to be made by Bell (CTV). If not a actual request maybe they wanted more money and Rogers said forget it, I doubt they get to put stuff on ROD for free. It wouldn't make sense for Rogers to just decide to stop carrying CTV on ROD without there being some sort of disagreement with CTV (Bell), because there is no advantage in doing so for Rogers.

Since the dropping of CTV just happened recently it's a little premature to accuse them of false or misleading advertising considering the ads were made before the plug was pulled, and more importantly it looks like the plug was pulled rather suddenly so whatever happened wasn't planned.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
^

Not necessarrily?

Where are shows only found on the US Nets?
Where are shows found on the Speacialty nets(all of them)?
Where are shows from TVA & other french networks?

So to say ROD offers "all your shows" could be misleading in a way. It all depends on how the viewer see it vs how Rogers determends "your favarite shows"

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Maybe this has something to do with SN1. Bell might be trying to hang CTV programming as a carrot stick to negotiate a better deal for SN1

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been looking for CTV on demand as well to watch shows, but haven't been able to find anything for it. I'm new to the digital cable world, been about 2 months now and was told that ctv was on there.

·
Banned
97 Posts
All my favorite shows are on CTV. Last I checked no CTV on rogers on demand!?

I hope netflix starts adding more content...maybe some of the CTV programming. Can't beat the 8 bucks a month $.

·
Registered
111 Posts
All my favorite shows are on CTV. Last I checked no CTV on rogers on demand!?

I hope netflix starts adding more content...maybe some of the CTV programming. Can't beat the 8 bucks a month $.
I would like to hear Roger's excuse for this omission. They are doing a disservice to their cable subscribers.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Perhaps I'm being to suspicous here, but it all seems this CTV on Demand on Rogers started when BTV/ Fibe TV started offering ON Demand services on their own service?

So in some way Rogers claim on their ON DEMAND service is somewhat missing leading?

Watch your favorite shows on Rogers On Demand
Thats misleading as they don't have all the shows from all networks US,Canadian & all Speacilty channels

·
Registered
129 Posts
CTV OnDemand is back

Hit the OnDemand channel tonight, and found "CTV" under "TV Shows"! Pickings are slim at the moment...an episode of "The Amazing Race" and one of "Desparate Housewives", but it appears CTV is back in the Rogers OnDemand line-up!

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Guess they signed a deal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts