Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have 3 tv's, and 3 bell dual tuner pvr's, each tv can record 2 streams, while I watch another already recorded show, along with each pvr having there own storage.
Is telus the same if I have 3 hd pvr's ? That ability to watch/record 2 streams, with each pvr having individual storage ?

Is HD quality affected by internet speed 25/50/100, or all 3 people watching at the same time ?

·
Super Moderator
17,698 Posts
Optik TV is different from Bell Satellite - it is similar to Bell Fibe TV used in Eastern Canada.

Optik TV uses a Whole-home shared PVR that the other set-top boxes can access as if they were PVRs. The PVR can record up to 5 programs at once, although that may be lower if you have fibre to the node (FTTN) and are quite far from the node. The set-top boxes can watch previously recorded programs that don't count towards the 5 live programs.

The HD quality is the same regardless of your internet speed, however you may not be able to subscribe to the highest speeds if you have FTTN. If you have Fibre to the home (FTTH), internet speed and number of recordings won't be an issue.

Useful link: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/new/hardware

1 - 3 of 3 Posts