Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
me too, you should check the mts site out every day to see when more info is coming. I have been checking the site every day since May to see when more hd channels will be launched. thanks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Word from an MTS employee I know says they will be adding 3 more HD channels in late 2008, maybe November. No changes until then?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that time frame would coincide with their new PVR and everything......The original Press release said more info in the coming months.....I was hoping they would go live with the new box sooner rather than latter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As someone has already said, the April 1st channel changes and additions were for Standard Definition channels only. There are plans currently underway to vastly expand High Definition offerings, however information about what channels and any expected launch date(s) aren't currently available. Once they are, they will be released on mts.ca. :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fox Affliliate Switched for MTS TV

Just noticed today that MTS TV has switched to Minneapolis/St. Paul FOX affiliate KMSP, from the Rochester New York affiliate. Good decision to bring the channel closer to home for Manitobans.

Now if we could only get a major market ABC affiliate with decent picture quality. WDAZ has to be the oddest choice for a channel ever.

·
Registered
90 Posts
MTStv Upgrades Underway?

Every time I turn on my TV lately, it automatically goes to Channel 29, MTS Weather. Yesterday I noticed on the crawl across the bottom of the xcreen on that channel that this is happening because of upgrades being conducted by MTS.
Has anyone heard anything? Could this just be the upgrade they recently announced for Portage la Prairie? Or are they doing something in Winnipeg?
(I live in Winnipeg.)

·
Super Moderator
16,423 Posts
MTS Upgrades

I spoke to customer support on another subject and I found out that the upgrades should be complete by mid-November. I don't know exactly what the upgrades include but they may be needed to feed the Portage trial.

I heard they will be doing an overlay of the new IPTV technology on top of the old Motorola/Next Level stuff in Winnipeg. IPTV will be the premium service for HDTV and PVR.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dang.
I'd love to upgrade to HD, but I'm holding off because I don't want to pay for a box that I'll want to upgrade in a few months.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I spoke with a MTS rep. on the weekend. He said MTS's new HD-PVR will become available sometime between Dec/08 and March/09. He said the HD offerings will be better than Shaw's and possibly better than Bell Satellite.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How does MTS expect to jump from the 7 chans in HD they have to over 30 or so that Bell has offered for years? I`ll love to see how much they want to charge for there HD-PVR since you need to pay over 400$ with install for a simple decoder...

·
Registered
90 Posts
They are in the midst of some kind of network upgrade so a quantum leap in the number of HD channels isn't out of the question. In fact, if they're serious about staying competitive in this business, it's essential.
The same applies for an HD-PVR. If they don't get one out soon, they're going to start losing some of that hard-won market share to Shaw and Bell.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was in an MTS Connect store tonight and a sales rep told me they'll be upgrading to 30 HD channels and a PVR that will "blow away anything Shaw or Bell have".
I said "It better".
Anyway, he says it'll happen beteen December and March 15.

ALSO, this mrning there was a message on the weather channel that they had shut down for an hour at 4 am to work on upgrades.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts