Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Season 7 of DOCTOR WHO premieres on SPACE Saturday, Sept. 1 at 9 p.m. ET.

Saturday, Sept. 1
“Asylum of the Daleks” *Season Premiere*

Saturday, Sept. 8
“Dinosaurs on a Spaceship”

Saturday, Sept 15
“A Town Called Mercy”

Saturday, Sept. 22
“The Power of Three”

Saturday, Sept. 29
“The Angels Take Manhattan” *Season Finale*

http://bellmediapr.ca/space/releases/release.asp?id=15486&yyyy=2012

Edit: The second half of season 7 is expected in 2013.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. Those planning on recording, keep in mind that it runs 1 hr 5 min. It is also being repeated at 5:55PM on Sunday. I don't know if they will repeat it again, but I hope so -- lots of people are going to be away for the long weekend.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
What gives? I thought Amy Pond and Rory were gone after last season and a new companion for the Doctor was to be introduced this season? Did those planns get changed?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I think they were going to be there for the first part of the season. My guess is that something happens to them in the mid-season finale.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
@scampbell: Are the webisodes really that necessary to understand the new season or are they just nice to know?

·
Registered
815 Posts
@scampbell: Are the webisodes really that necessary to understand the new season or are they just nice to know?
"Don't worry about the future... the future is really safe.. really really safe"

They are only about 1 minute long each, so I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I guess different people call a final different things but ep. 5 is just the finale of the first half of the season.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Hate The Split

Anyone else here disappointed in this split season? I'm just getting into the swing of it and now we have to wait months before the rest of the season is available.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Why did the description for this episode, provided in the Bell guide, say that the Doctor regenerates for the 10th time?

-Mike

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
For the past two weeks the descriptions in the Bell EPG for Dr. Who have been incorrect. Last week's was for a completely different show. If I hadn't checked my PVR schedule and spotted the problem I would have missed recording the show. This week's was a description of a Dr. Who episode from an earlier season. I'm not sure if that was the fault of Space, Bell or the party that supplies the guide info. to Bell. It was the worst series of mistakes I've ever seen in Bell's guide. Hope it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rogers guide was off as well mentioning the 10th regeneration. The previous weeks show did not record either, probably because it was not described properly, suggesting it may have been an issue with Space if both Bell and Rogers had issues.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Bell was missing the "HD-" tag in front of the title as well, so my timer wasn't picking it up. Fortunately I caught the mistake before the last episode. Anyway, good show but the seasons are getting way too short.

-Mike

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
@scrooloose: This was only the first half of the season. There's still the Christmas show and then a further 5 or more episodes in the new year. I don't know why the BBC has split it this way. Perhaps to separate thematically the Amy/Rory episodes from those of the Doctor's new companion or perhaps there's a technical and/or financial reason. In any case it will in the end be a regular length season of about a dozen episodes. That's been par for the course ever since this new round of Doctor Who stories began about 5 or 6 years ago (I've lost count).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts