Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a curious fella I was wondering if Teksavvy might have something that could replace my Arris Touchstone Telephony Modem TM402P (DOCSIS 2 cable modem with cable telephony). For now I am just looking at my options for when I change ISP and pairing it with VOIP.MS or similar. Obviously the list of Approved cable modems at TS is small but perhaps for the more adventurous folk an all-in-one solution exists. If not the PAP2T will have to do.

List of Approved Modems
Scientific Atlanta - DPX 2100
Scientific Atlanta - DPC 2100
Scientific Atlanta - DPX 2100 V2
Motorola - SB 5120
Motorola - SB 5101
Motorola - SB5101N
Motorola - SB 5120
Motorola - SB 6120 (DOCSIS 3)
Scientific Atlanta - DPC 2505 (DOCSIS 3)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I know it is a long shot as quite some time passed by. Out of curiousity, have you ever found a cable modem with integrated ATA which works with Teksavvy?

Thanks
B.

·
Super Moderator
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Cisco PAP2T and a Thompson DOCSIS 3 cable modem. Reviews online seemed to indicate, if TSI approved it, combo units were problematic.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Aren't cable modems with built in ATAs designed for the PacketCable standard? Aka Rogers home phone etc only?

·
Super Moderator
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. I had the Arris which as I understand it does not use VOIP.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The Arris ones are designed for cable telephony only. They won't work with Voip.ms. I'm pretty sure most modems on the market with telephony capabilities are catered to MSOs who offer cable internet and home phone and want to offer their customers a single device.

·
Super Moderator
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts