Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Do you need to terminate the outputs of the Quad LNB?

I didn't see anything on that in the installation manual but I remember for good cabling practices it's a must with wall connections, multishitches, etc.

Thanks for the assist.;)

·
Registered
647 Posts
I wouldn't bother, maybe just tap on the red or black or clear weather caps is about all if even needed.
I get the caps of cheap diseqc switches from the satellite store and other related gear if you don't have any. I think some multiswitches have them as well.

Since a termination is a resistor, not sure that having an extra load when not need is a good or bad thing, but thing bad.
One usually terminates where VSWR and reflections and egress are a problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would terminate them with a f connector cap that you can buy at HD or Radio Shack for a couple of dollars and the only reason would be to protect them from the elements until you have a need for them if you add a switch or 1 new box. But doing nothing would probably be fine too.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Wire shelving at Home Depot... the kind you put in a closet and attach to the walls.
(Relax, I'll get to the point.)
once you cut the ends, they are kinda jagged - they offer little rubber ends for the cut-off pieces tha work perfectly on un-used f-connector ends.

·
Registered
27 Posts
terminating ends

Or you can use a dab of silicone sealant, used it for years, fitting always ready when I need them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts